What a difference a week makes

We had 2 problems at Cardiff

1) 3 1st choice central defenders out and confusion reigned. I am not so bothered about that. It's temporary

2) The same old problem that dogged us last season - casual and slow build-up play. That's not the manager, that's players who are resting on their laurels and playing within themselves. That's a bad sign and what annoys me

We changed manager last season, and after a Summer contemplating losing the title, losing our manager, and new signings, I thought the players would return indignant and with renewed determination.

The opening game started well. It was a clear step up from the lazy start we saw to last season, and then we go to Cardiff and all the old faults became apparent - plus defensive weakness (which is probably temporary).

Players like Aguero, Yaya Toure, Silva, Dzeko need to be dropped.

The only plus point is that this has to be addressed now. Some of you will just ignore it, but if the manager is as good as some claim, he'll be having a few squad meetings next week and laying down what is required of the players.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
We have world class strikers like Eto'o but we don't have strikers who can shift one chance in two like other teams. We have strikers who score world class goals but we don't have strikers who can score the shitty scuffers when yer under the cosh.
I'd disagree there, I actually think we now have 2, Dzeko scores goals like that, the problem is that he's often not in the right place to do so, and its one of the things that frustrates me with the guy, he just doesn't put in that extra yard when its needed. I think in Negrado we have another who will scuff a goal or two, his goal yesterday was a classic strikers goal, hopefully we'll see many more like that.

cleavers said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
We have world class strikers like Eto'o but we don't have strikers who can shift one chance in two like other teams. We have strikers who score world class goals but we don't have strikers who can score the shitty scuffers when yer under the cosh.
I'd disagree there, I actually think we now have 2, Dzeko scores goals like that, the problem is that he's often not in the right place to do so, and its one of the things that frustrates me with the guy, he just doesn't put in that extra yard when its needed. I think in Negrado we have another who will scuff a goal or two, his goal yesterday was a classic strikers goal, hopefully we'll see many more like that.

Why don't we start with both Dzeko AND Negredo up front? Both similar players I agree but most defences would have kittens trying to defend against them as a pair.

You'd have thought with all our forwards, the competition for places would spur them on

70% possession and the striker can't be bothered to make that burst of acceleration to get into space, and the midfielder looks for the easy sideways pass.

Collective failure to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Our players are arrogant and lazy, until proven otherwise

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.