What a difference a week makes

kashmir

Last Monday start of the season full of expectations and hope,after match thoughts nearly all good
Today well things have changed dramatically
That's why we all love the game
Roll on next week see what that brings us
Wouldn't change it for the world
CTID

as someone else just said,think this is going to be a crazy season ..for all the "top" clubs,what with new managers and systems everywhere,theres gonna be defeats all around,sadly for us and the arse,we may suffer more......

blutone3 said:
as someone else just said,think this is going to be a crazy season ..for all the "top" clubs,what with new managers and systems everywhere,theres gonna be defeats all around,sadly for us and the arse,we may suffer more......

I don't see it like that.

If Chelsea sign Eto'o they are going to get 90+ points. You can quote me on that.

Dick around like we did yesterday a couple more times and we can give up on the title IMHO.

People went overboard when we beat a shit Newcastle side, we are still a work in progress. We've got the talent but i fear the manager has his work cut out changing the attitude of some of our players. If player power did help cause the removal of Mancini then it's no wonder if some of the players now have the wrong attitude.
Hopefully it's just a blip and we learn from yesterdays abject performance.

bluemoon32 said:
People went overboard when we beat a shit Newcastle side, we are still a work in progress. We've got the talent but i fear the manager has his work cut out changing the attitude of some of our players. If player power did help cause the removal of Mancini then it's no wonder if some of the players now have the wrong attitude.

It's easy blaming a manager for poor performances, not so easy blaming two.

Players should be under no illusions who will be held accountable for underperformances.

But not " what a difference a manager makes"

Lost to Wigan, Mancini

Lost to Norwich, Kidd

Now lost to Cardiff

Do you honestly think the players give a fu@k?

Chippy_boy said:
blutone3 said:

If Chelsea sign Eto'o they are going to get 90+ points. You can quote me on that.

Dick around like we did yesterday a couple more times and we can give up on the title IMHO.

I don't think Eto'o would be a particularly holistic signing. Might just win them the League though' so who cares?

Chippy_boy said:
blutone3 said:

We have world class strikers like Eto'o but we don't have strikers who can shift one chance in two like other teams. We have strikers who score world class goals but we don't have strikers who can score the shitty scuffers when yer under the cosh. Beautiful goal by Dzeko yesterday but what a bloody waste of a goal that turned out to be!

Yer don't win the title after a couple of matches but yer can seriously dent yer chances.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Chippy_boy said:
blutone3 said:

We have world class strikers like Eto'o but we don't have strikers who can shift one chance in two like other teams. We have strikers who score world class goals but we don't have strikers who can score the shitty scuffers when yer under the cosh. Beautiful goal by Dzeko yesterday but what a bloody waste of a goal that turned out to be!

Yer don't win the title after a couple of matches but yer can seriously dent yer chances.

at least two more teams are going to dent their chances this week

utd v chelsea
arsenal v spurs
liverpool v utd

bluemoon32 said:

Spot on!
The players really do need to take a long hard look at themselves. Once we come up against a team with far more desire to win its game over!
Player power DID contribute to the removal of Mancini that much we do know. However, they can't be blaming anyone else just yet - or can they?
Newcastle are nailed on guaranteed relegation fodder. Cardiff are hard working, mid table side. However, the other teams once again have the measure of us: Pack the defence and put 2 to 3 men on Navas whenever he is near the ball and we don't have a clue how get past them.
If I'm honest I would say we actually had more width under Mancini with the fullbacks bombing on down the flanks than we had yesterday.
Also a bit dissapointed with the substitutions which were more or less like for like - no change in tactics or formation.

I posted last night that we need to have 10 games under our belt before we start casting judgments and last night was hopefully the very serious wake up call that the players, manager and top management needed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.