What a save!...Oh wait

Lancashire Blue said:
That looks like it's a penalty shoot out, in which case that goal shouldn't have stood as once it hits the keeper and then moves forward, then the ball is dead, and it wouldn't matter if it goes in the net after that. This is why in penalty shoot outs you cant put the ball in the net if it comes off the keeper. If it hits the keeper and comes back, then it's considered a save. The ref was wrong there.

I think so too but according to the letter of the law it's at the referee's discretion to decide when the ball is dead during a shoot-out so technically he can't get it wrong! I certainly wouldn't have given the goal in those circumstances.

lancs blue said:
Lancashire Blue said:
That looks like it's a penalty shoot out, in which case that goal shouldn't have stood as once it hits the keeper and then moves forward, then the ball is dead, and it wouldn't matter if it goes in the net after that. This is why in penalty shoot outs you cant put the ball in the net if it comes off the keeper. If it hits the keeper and comes back, then it's considered a save. The ref was wrong there.

I think so too but according to the letter of the law it's at the referee's discretion to decide when the ball is dead during a shoot-out so technically he can't get it wrong! I certainly wouldn't have given the goal in those circumstances.

Yeah, but in the same sense that it's the refs decision to decide whether or not something is a foul, he can still get it wrong...

It's still the goalkeepers fault, even if it should've been disallowed. In a situation like that, you need to be professional enough to see where the ball went after you intervened.

Lancashire Blue said:

so does that mean if a keeper palms the ball and the ball was to roll into the back of the net its still not classed as a goal (during penalties)?????? I've never come across something as wierd as this before it was pretty funny, still like everyone else said it could easily happen to us this.

Oh that's harsh. I would laugh but I know it would only be a matter of time before it happens to us.

It was exactly what, what a save! The ref messed up, he ball is dead after going forward and to the ground. Still kinda funny.

Interesting.....

So had the keeper "saved" the penalty and palmed it against the post for it tocome back and hit him and go into the net???

I think the referee would have taken the view that after the ball was kicked, noone other than the keeper has touched the ball and it has ended up in the net.

Great game this football isn't it, cos I think the ref called it right.....

so if the keeper saved it but it went straight to his right (not forward) then i could follow it up and put it in?

Lancashire Blue said:

That rule came in to stop the ball hitting the post then keeper's back then in. Letter of the law it shouldn't stand, but I have never seen one chalked off that hasn't hit the woodwork though.

Corky said:
Lancashire Blue said:

That rule came in to stop the ball hitting the post then keeper's back then in. Letter of the law it shouldn't stand, but I have never seen one chalked off that hasn't hit the woodwork though.

The ball was never dead, it was spinning all the time after the save and moving towards the net?

Goal stands?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.