What a season(2001/02)

Great great season. After years of watching absolute dross this was really something else.
Pity it all turned to shit a few years later though.
Still and will always be one of my favorite City seasons in my lifetime.

Just watched a bit of it before work, will watch the rest later, I really enjoyed that season. Did every game apart from Milwall away (although I was at Maine Road to watch it live on the big screen). Just got as far as notts county away in the league cup on the video, which was actually a significant day in history for a non footballing reason

Last edited:
There's a couple of random moments from that season that always come to mind. I remember watching Look North West late one night to see if City had completed the signing of Alioune Toure (1 appearances, 0 goals for us!) only for them to announce that we had also signed Ali Bernarbia. I'll be honest, I'd never heard of Bernarbia and first time I saw him play was his debut v Birmingham when he ran the game. What a player he was.

Another was a post match interview after Gillingham away, penultimate game of that season when Keegan casually mentioned that we'd signed Schmeichel for the following season. The look on the pundits face when it cut back to the studio afterwards was hilarious.

There's a couple of random moments from that season that always come to mind. I remember watching Look North West late one night to see if City had completed the signing of Alioune Toure (1 appearances, 0 goals for us!) only for them to announce that we had also signed Ali Bernarbia. I'll be honest, I'd never heard of Bernarbia and first time I saw him play was his debut v Birmingham when he ran the game. What a player he was.

Another was a post match interview after Gillingham away, penultimate game of that season when Keegan casually mentioned that we'd signed Schmeichel for the following season. The look on the pundits face when it cut back to the studio afterwards was hilarious.

Didn't Alioune Toure have deep vein thrombosis?

What a season indeed! Berkovic and Benarbia ripping it up and some quality goals, my favourite was the Goater volley against Gillingham I think where Benarbia did an outrageous backheel flick.

What a season indeed! Berkovic and Benarbia ripping it up and some quality goals, my favourite was the Goater volley against Gillingham I think where Benarbia did an outrageous backheel flick.
There were loads of brilliant goals to be fair, I loved the Berkovic goal at home to Norwich after the Tiatto sending etc.

Football heaven.......

Great season,the start of the blue moon rising...but at the end of the season my old mad died.... :(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.