What a team - how do we improve on what we have?

Didsbury Dave said:
World class centre half, top class left back and top central midfielder =

Champions League winning team

I think Clichy is very capable, and have no worries about the left side when he is on, great pace and positioning, really do like him in the side whoever we are playing, although would play kolarov in cup games or when Dzeko's on as he provides something more going forward.

The most interesting shout on here is Bastian Schweinsteiger, he would slot directly into our current formation as a vast improvement on Gareth Barry (who I already think is a good player). Bastian is stronger, defensively aware, marginally quicker and better in the air. More importantly his ball control is phenomenal, his passing range is great, he has two good feet, his ball retention is at time unbelievable, his set pieces are good and his shooting is dangerous. He's also vastly experienced, versatile and still only 27 (28 in the summer).

Just whether we could realistically prise him from Bayern!

Can't believe the proposal of Ashley Cole joining our sacred club hasn't outraged anyone else.

One of the trinity of complete and utter w*nkers that have helped turn much of the world against English football. Between him, Terry and Rooney (plus Gerrard, Lampard, Giggs and Camel for that matter), they have seen themselves above the law for the last 10yrs and pour scorn on not only our league and our players but our fans too.

Just to be clear, I don't really like Ashley Cole. I'd take Javier Garrido back first - win or lose with him.

zlaz3r said:
MaineStandMoaner said:
CityCTID said:
Clichy is a top class left back imo

Seriously???
I think he`s a bit of a bombscare defensively. Anyone with a bit of pace and he struggles.

Hulk was all over Micah last few games, Micah didnt even have a chance.
Porto almost scored their second goal, with the same type of ball from micahs side.
Both times the ball gets crossed from micahs side( he didnt learn from first game) only first time did the attacker get infront of clichy(he learned his lesson)

Hulk first tried too get past clichy a few times on his side, didnt really work, then he tried on micah, it worked everytime so he stayed there.

If we are too talk about the defensive abilities of our left/right backs, i would say micah still get somethng too learn.

Fortunately for Micah (and us) Hulk's success was based on poor decision-making--not a lack of pace from Micah--which can be coached out of existence. And will be, if Mancini has anything to do with it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.