WHAT A WASTE OF TALENT

citoeast

Mark Hughes in September, bleating on about Stevie Ireland being a future City Captain.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2009/0909/irelands.html

Come November, Hughes bleating on about Ireland being patient he does not fit the new system of play, but his day will come.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5iR7qnSuEglte0MW10mDk9CmvnLOw

I know a lot of people are like me and feel Ireland as a bit piece player shows Hughes inability or unwillingness to utilise creative talent in the team, instead favouring a more regimented defensive approach. If Superman was in the Man U, Arsensal, Chelsea or Liverpool teams I suspect he would be starting and playing 90 minutes on a regular basis and would be a premier league sensation.

Apart from Robinho, there is not a more talented, creative and skilful player in the team. To boot he is also hard working, loyal and a home grown player.

The Manager calls the shots, but I for one think this is sad, a waste of talent (and points) and he is being sacrificed for less talented, one dimensional players. If as the story says he does not start tomorrow, I will find that a bit baffling, and be inclined to think the stories on here that Ireland was told in no uncertain terms that he is no longer a first team player, just a Coca Cola Cup player and back up squad player are true.

Our best Academy product and in Hughes words a future Captain warming the reserve bench.

Have to say i agree with you.

You get the very best out of Stephen Ireland when he's happy , and feeling wanted ....... and right now he's probably neither!

Does this mean he intends not to start superman tomorrow? I know people who will be vexed about that, should it come to pass. We are reducing our options when we don't play him. Our football is becoming ineffective and boring. There isn't nearly enough happening. I am staying behind tomorrow night to chop someone's head off if we don't win comfortably and entertain whilst we're about it.

Injury, Illness, Freak break down. He's only just getting back to full fitness. Look on the OS ' I thought it was the end'

Post like this do absolutely fuck all for our chances of achieving anything.

In the course of a successful season - ie actually winning something - different players will be involved and have differering levels of contribution at different times.

Ireland - like the rest of the squad - knows that when he's on the field he has to deliver and not, as has been the case sometimes, make you wonder whteher he was there.

You should listen to Hughes - patience. Beacuse Ireland can and will have a say on how this season turns out.

mcfcblue said:
Ricster said:
The whole fuckin team cant play 4-4-2, That is Hughes' fault

we are fourth though!

Drawing the last 4 games he has gone to 4-4-2, had Ireland played in all them in the usual 4-5-1/4-3-3 we would have won 2 of them atleast, im sure of it. He changed the game at Villa when he came on. It's taking the piss what he's doing to Stevie atm just so he can fit in Tevez. I think he'll be stubborn again with this shit formation against the weakest away team in the league knowing we'll have a great chance to win anyway, he'll think it's working.. but it's not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.