WHAT A WASTE OF TALENT

modgeblue said:
mh will not drop any of his expensive buys . no matter how bad they play . he hasnt got the bottle to do it.

Except De Jong, SWP, Tevez, Bellamy.

It shouldn't make a difference if he can fit into 4-4-2 or not as we should be playing 4-3-3!!!!

Pam said:
Does this mean he intends not to start superman tomorrow? I know people who will be vexed about that, should it come to pass. We are reducing our options when we don't play him. Our football is becoming ineffective and boring. There isn't nearly enough happening. I am staying behind tomorrow night to chop someone's head off if we don't win comfortably and entertain whilst we're about it.

A win will do me fine Pam and if Ireland plays a part in that all the better.

If we start to struggle to beat sides of Burnley's ilk with or without Ireland then our management will be looking over their shoulder quicker than SI will.

I don't think he has been right since he had to spend a night in hospital but if right he should start against Burnley and if that means SWP or Barry on the bench then so be it.

Burnley have not looked like getting even a sniff of a point away from home and it should be no difference against the line up Hughes has the luxury of now assembling.

I agree with the OP somewhat, but I also think its reactionary bollocks.

In situations like this, all we can do is trust the manager is putting 11 players on the park who he feels can win us the game. Personal vendettas or whatever you want to call it arent going to do the fella any good, he would be absolutely barmy to want to jeopardize the opportunity he has been given at COMS.

Lets see how today pans out.

Great OP, bang on the money, and Irelands confidence is taking a battering because Hughes hasnt had the balls to move away from his six-man defence.

Ireland must start today and be given the opportunity to recreate his form of last season.

Behind Cesc Fabregas he's the most creative and dangerous player in the prem, he's also a home grown talent and loves the club. Would Wenger leave young Cesc on the bench??? would he bollocks!!

We should be creating a team around Ireland as he is a player NO sort of money can buy.....Well let's be honest, which other world class starlett supports City?

Should be the first name on the team sheet every week IMHO.

I'm hoping he gets a run out today, before he losses his confidences and become the boo boy's favourite again. Come on Hughes's sort it out!!!!!!

1961_vintage said:
Post like this do absolutely fuck all for our chances of achieving anything.

In the course of a successful season - ie actually winning something - different players will be involved and have differering levels of contribution at different times.

Ireland - like the rest of the squad - knows that when he's on the field he has to deliver and not, as has been the case sometimes, make you wonder whteher he was there.

You should listen to Hughes - patience. Beacuse Ireland can and will have a say on how this season turns out.

Spot on it's a long and hard season!

I truly hope he has been left out recently because of nursing him back to fitness, as has been said we should be building the team around him as used correctly he is the kind of player who can make a side tick. Don't force him to stay back from the start of games, let him get forward and do what he does best, scoring and creating goals.

Can we please stop with the ridiculous over-rating of Stephen Ireland. Yes he is a very good player on his day. Yes he was our best player last season, But i've scrolled through this thread to find the most ridiculous comments i've probvably ever read on here...

"He's twice the player Tevez is" and "Behind Cesc Fabregas he's the most creative and dangerous player in the prem"

What a load of shite. Based on what? One very good season? He's probably up there with the likes of Arteta, Cahill, Benayoun, Nasri, Young.

Plenty of players have had very good seasons. Look at Dempsey last season. The test of the Premier League is doing it year after year. Ireland has potential and the fact he's an academy player makes it very sweet when he plays well. He's had one top season but part and parcel of becoming a top player is having the ability to adapt to new positions. Hughes is doing the right thing. Ireland's time to shine will come again, and if he shines equally as brightly, from a new position, then that will be another notch on his belt to becoming a top quality Premier League footballer. But for now, can we please stop with the bullshit?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.