What age do you want to live to ?

Saw this story of britains oldest women,not sure i want to get to 112,some going though,she almost made it to 113

What age are you hoping for?

Britain's oldest person has died at the age of 112, her family has said.

Grace Jones was born in Liverpool on 16 September 1906 - five years after the death of Queen Victoria, and eight years before the start of World War One.

Known to her friends as Amazing Grace, she died peacefully in her sleep at a care home in Broadway, Worcestershire, last Friday.

Mrs Jones, whose father was a vicar, saw 26 prime ministers and five monarchs.

After marrying chief engineer Leonard Roderick Jones in Liverpool in 1933, the couple moved around the country - 28 times in total - and lived in Devon, Cheshire and North Wales.

Speaking about her life, she said her best memory was "when I married my husband", adding: "He was a true gentleman, the son of a parson. We were always together and we loved one another."

Mrs Jones said she had a "little drop of whiskey with a drop of water every night", adding: "Whisky is very good for you.

"I started having a nightly tot of it when I turned 50 so I've been having it every night for the last 60 years and I certainly have no intention of stopping now.

"My doctor said 'keep up with the whisky Grace, it's good for your heart'.

"I don't worry - I think that's the worst thing you can do."

The mother-of-one became the UK's oldest person late last summer following Olive Boar's death at the age of 113.

Her daughter Deirdre McCarthy, 80, said her mum was "very fit and active right up until the very end".

"Only last Wednesday we were playing carpet bowls," Ms McCarthy added.

"She got tired, as she would at her age, but she never grumbled and she was always active. She was her usual self last week.

"Everyone at the home has been upset. She was very popular, the leading lady.

I heard she said at the end that she had hung on for 30 more years to see at least one premier title but those fuckers from Manchester City ruined the best change they had

I heard she said at the end that she had hung on for 30 more years to see at least one premier title but those fuckers from Manchester City ruined the best change they had
Bless her next year was their year.although she did say "not in my lifetime "

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.