What are the owners/board thinking???

blueinsa said:
grim up north said:
perhaps the owners and the board in consultation with the player accusition dept and manager are happy with what they have,

Possibly but there are a few of us in the supporters department that are feeling a little uneasy about our lack of depth in certain areas right now lol.

Maybe we could have a departmental level meeting and try to find some middle ground?

Only question now is which department shall we hold the meeting in? ;-)

perhaps the supporters dept might also be happy that the owners have spent a few bob already or alternatively spend a few bob of their own :)

May will tell us if the right descision was made. Like the Op I actually think our squad is a little thin now.

With Ballo still injured and really until he plays at prem level again we won't know if his knee will be OK. Tevez with a back injury (hopefully very minor) Jo (just not good enough IMHO) Dzeko looks OK. But we have still a lot of games to go especially when the europa league kicks in again.

Midfield we are Ok as long as Silva stays fit - showed on sunday what we are like without Silva / any real width. I would have took a gamble and tried to get adam for under 10 mill. Think we need to keep SWP unless he really is disruptive in the DR.

Defence, I have no worries - we are as good as the others around us.

I also think the second half of the season will take its toll on Spuds so I expect we will still finish in the top 4.

grim up north said:
blueinsa said:
Possibly but there are a few of us in the supporters department that are feeling a little uneasy about our lack of depth in certain areas right now lol.

Maybe we could have a departmental level meeting and try to find some middle ground?

Only question now is which department shall we hold the meeting in? ;-)

perhaps the supporters dept might also be happy that the owners have spent a few bob already or alternatively spend a few bob of their own :)

More than happy mate but for me, Bob has been caught short here. Bad luck through injury maybe but they are part and parcel of the game and as a manager, you need to have a back up and a plan B for when the first options dont or wont work.

This is NOT a big money issue or a cry for a huge signing, it is a plea for a loan signing to just give us some natural width as playing Jo and Milner out there just does not work.

Bobby has either got caught out cold here or he just doesn't see it as a problem. Results will either show him to be right or they will prove him to have made a bad decision and for me, league standing aside, the vast majority of performances this season and please note i say performances and not results have shown that we do lack width, we do lack a plan B and at times, we are very easy to defend against and that will only get easier for the opposition.

We are totally reliant on a fit and firing Tevez, Balo, Silva and Dzeko and with a direct style of play with very little coming from the flanks against teams defending with 2 solid banks of 4, we rely more and more on moments of individual magic instead of actually carving open teams and creating clear cut chances.

God forbid a drop off in form or serious injuries, as already seen by Balo...

fbloke said:
I do think we need more players.

More pace and creativity i midfield has been a weakness for a while now.

A stronger CB would also be a good move IMO.

That said I don't think now is necessarily the right time to add those names.

It could be said that the latest crop are still finding their feet and we have yet to see the best of the players at Mancini's disposal so more improvements in form and results is surely expected?

Not that I would lose sleep if City bought Luiz, Torres and Xavi and Rossi though!

great isn't it!

our best team in (my) living memory

fighting it out in 2 cup competitions

still a threat for the prem

looking great for cl

a couple of defeats in 20 odd games

and yet the majority of us still feel there is room for improvement in a couple of key areas in this team. imagine how good we are going to be in a couple more windows time - it makes me tingle

it may not happen today, but it will

City Raider said:
fbloke said:
I do think we need more players.

More pace and creativity i midfield has been a weakness for a while now.

A stronger CB would also be a good move IMO.

That said I don't think now is necessarily the right time to add those names.

It could be said that the latest crop are still finding their feet and we have yet to see the best of the players at Mancini's disposal so more improvements in form and results is surely expected?

Not that I would lose sleep if City bought Luiz, Torres and Xavi and Rossi though!

great isn't it!

our best team in (my) living memory

fighting it out in 2 cup competitions

still a threat for the prem

looking great for cl

a couple of defeats in 20 odd games

and yet the majority of us still feel there is room for improvement in a couple of key areas in this team. imagine how good we are going to be in a couple more windows time - it makes me tingle

it may not happen today, but it will

I don't think the board will think it's great if we finish outside the top 4 this season?

If we do finish top 4 then.................Great!

If we don't.............................Oh Shit!

Yes our squad is weaker but i dont think our first 11 is. yes ade and roque have gone but who cares they wernt playing, AJ and balo are a big miss but they both arnt first team starters and its not like we have milner and SWP. And i think we've done good with our squad this year, spurs have all there defence out and chelsea need to start getting there zimaframes out so i think we have the team to sustain 3rd or maybe push for 2nd because com'on arrsenal are so unpredictable

What are the owners/board thinking???...................

Thank fuck we only paid 27m for Dzeko........

If we waited till the last few days we could of paid 100m the way transfers are going.........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.