What are the owners/board thinking???

Now AJ is injured we are realistically an injury to Silva away from being pretty ordinary. Ideally we will sign some cover for Silva today. Any other strengthening can wait till Summer imo. Having said all that, the owners have ploughed so much money in, if they decide not to spend any more in this window, I'll be a bit concerned but totally respect their decision. It's all too easy spending someone elses money.

Possibly a 'too methodical' approach to how we do business these days?

Being able to react to a situation or current position, I personally believe Mark Hughes' transfer policy was so haphazard, our owners are now wary of punts.

I mean, look where Robinho ended up.

All the same, we are in a different position now, further up the recognised ladder.

We should, if the situation calls for, be able to pull out a Van der Vaart, or something akin.

A lot of blues seem to want bold statements all the time, and somehow feel jealous when others do business.

This could be one such day, but our needs are such, I hope this inactivity in the present window does not see us toss away the golden ticket to the party.

I guess that must means the owners/board/manager must think that what we've got is ok then.Why the sudden panic? This squad minus Dzeko has got us to third by this stage of the season so now we are 'better' in theory with the addition of another striker. The players we have moved on are obviously not in the managers thinking so onwards and upwards.
Small is Beautiful.

Perhaps it's too early to judge? We could have a replacement in for AJ by the end of the window. Perhaps the club are negotiating at the moment?
In fairness, if a deal isn't concluded it was due to time constraints.
I don't see how the squad is significantly weakened this window either. Dzecko is an improvement on Ade and I'm glad we've moved on significant elelements of the deadwood, RSC & Bridge.
Milner can fulfill the box to box role, he's got the necessary energy as he prioved at Villa, he's absolutely wasted out wide.
The one thing I'm annoyed about is we don't have a recall clause in Bellers contract becasue we could do with him now. Even Weiss would be an option but that too is a year long deal which means we can't recall him.
Unless we came to some arrangement with their clubs??

Fair play Billy, written pretty much as I would have done.

After signing Dzeko I fully expected that incomings would depend on shifting players out. Having achieved that and freed up about 300k per week in wages, added to the other players already out on loan, I am absolutely astonished that we haven't taken the opportunity to press on by strengthening.

Even if our current squad had another year of gelling it would imo never stand a chance of winning the title, too many glaring deficiencies.

I am at a loss to understand the board's logic as I don't believe for one second that the FFPR is behind our lack of activity.

I'd like to just point out any hostility, condescending remarks, tubthumping, etc. should be directed at Didsbury Dave, Rammy Blue, and Blueinsa. This thread was their idea...:- )

Mancio said:
january market is not the right time to strenghten teams. the top players arent available.

and City really doesnt need to sign other average players ala hughes signings

H'mmmmmmm.....

Torres
Carroll
Aguero
Suarez

Seem to somewhat disprove your theory here Blue?

Top players are available, especially if the money is right, which as we know is something we are blessed with right now.

I agree with Billy on this, surely this transfer window was an excellent opportunity for us to push on and win the title, which i still believe is wide open and a good winning run of 3 of 4 games would take us back to the top.

I personally believe that we wont have a better chance of winning the title than this season when a few teams are in transitioning stage (including us i grant you)....... dont you think that the Rags, Chelski and the Red Dippers will all be improved next season??

BufordUSABlue said:
Mancio said:
january market is not the right time to strenghten teams. the top players arent available.

and City really doesnt need to sign other average players ala hughes signings

H'mmmmmmm.....

Torres
Carroll
Aguero
Suarez

Seem to somewhat disprove your theory here Blue?

Top players are available, especially if the money is right, which as we know is something we are blessed with right now.

I agree with Billy on this, surely this transfer window was an excellent opportunity for us to push on and win the title, which i still believe is wide open and a good winning run of 3 of 4 games would take us back to the top.

I personally believe that we wont have a better chance of winning the title than this season when a few teams are in transitioning stage (including us i grant you)....... dont you think that the Rags, Chelski and the Red Dippers will all be improved next season??
itkLogo.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.