What are the owners/board thinking???

blueinsa said:
fbloke said:
Not referring to the thread, more the supposed need for new names at the last minute which is what most are promoting as a course of action.

The call for names is because we think the squad is light and we are desperate for genuine width in the side.

Name and cost of player is totally irrelevant for me at this time, i just think we need.

I think people keep misinterpreting this thread as a reaction to the Torres/Carrol saga, or that people are advocating we go out and spend stupid money on a big name...which is of course completely untrue.

double-edged sword.

Buy now, qualify for CL but have players only on the 6 month of their contracts clogging up the squad preventing us from buying top quality talent...

or...

don't buy anyone, have a thin and deficient squad but hope our key players pull us through to the CL so we can invest.

If we do the third option which is don't spend and then not invest in the summer than Mancini needs seeing to by the men in white coats.

personally i think its a disgrace that our owners havent spent at least another 200 million in this window , i mean its not too much to ask.

is it?

all the numptyheads who think the above need to get a grip.
be gratefull what has been spent since the takeover, if they turn round and say no more this season then so be it.

BillyShears said:
blueinsa said:
The call for names is because we think the squad is light and we are desperate for genuine width in the side.

Name and cost of player is totally irrelevant for me at this time, i just think we need.

I think people keep misinterpreting this thread as a reaction to the Torres/Carrol saga, or that people are advocating we go out and spend stupid money on a big name...which is of course completely untrue.

Agreed.

If Real Madrid can loan in a player, why cant we? Its a short term, low financial risk to a current squad problem.

lordloverocket said:
personally i think its a disgrace that our owners havent spent at least another 200 million in this window , i mean its not too much to ask.

is it?

all the numptyheads who think the above need to get a grip.
be gratefull what has been spent since the takeover, if they turn round and say no more this season then so be it.

You have either completely failed to read the majority of posts on this thread or you are trying, unsuccessfully to be funny/sarcastic and failing.

Fuck it, im going with both.

Didsbury Dave said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
- " realistically, still in with a chance of the Title" - it's not broke and we dont need to fix it.

With the aquisition of a cross-feeding target man, and injuries to the two other players who have been featuring as wide men, I'd say it's worth debating whether it is a bit broke.

Dave, I haven't said that it's not worth debating -it is. I just think we have more or less the right squad and we have no need to panic. Up to this point Viera, Lescott and even Jo have all played a part. Maybe it's now Sean's turn ? Maybe we could play Zabs or Boateng at Left back and possibly push Kolorov further forward? the squad even without AJ is still a hell of a really good squad.

I do think we need more players.

More pace and creativity i midfield has been a weakness for a while now.

A stronger CB would also be a good move IMO.

That said I don't think now is necessarily the right time to add those names.

It could be said that the latest crop are still finding their feet and we have yet to see the best of the players at Mancini's disposal so more improvements in form and results is surely expected?

Not that I would lose sleep if City bought Luiz, Torres and Xavi and Rossi though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.