What are your unpopular opinions on City that you believe 100%?

Not sure if this is unpopular, but I'm of the opinion that Gundogan should start most games for City and can't understand him being out of favour recently

Gundogan-Rodri-Silva would be my midfield with De Bruyne playing as a false 9
It isn't, not by a long way. Most on here who know their stuff have a lot of time for Ilkay.

Phil Foden wouldn't be all that in any other team/system.
I think Phil is still mostly potential and hasn’t really taken that next step up yet. He didn't play much football in his developing years and might just take him a few more years than someone who started playing regular first team football earlier than him. But I think he’ll become a fantastic player and already is at times now.

However, one thing I will say about Foden, that will be unpopular, is that I think he has got poor shooting technique. He closes his eyes and moves his head away from the ball. Watch Messi and Agüero as examples: their eyes were/are always fixed on the ball at the point of contact.

Go to 2:21 on this video to see what I mean:

He does this a lot. He even scored a lovely goal at Anfield doing almost the same thing, but it’s still poor technique.

It's like some of you watch Foden with your eyes closed.
Not withstanding the fact he's touted by some of the most respected players and managers in the world as the real deal but this notion he hasn't kicked on or only works in our system? Haha! He has been shunted from pillar to post this season by Pep and has had to deal with a whole new aray of roles and responsibilities yet still manages to look like one of the best players on the pitch most games.
This as a 21 year old playing for one of if not the best teams on the planet managed by somebody who expects nothing less than perfection.
He would excel at other clubs, not be hindered because he would likely have one position and play 90 minutes every single week.
Jesus, I thought the original post was being a bit mischievous but it seems he meant it.

Not sure if this is unpopular, but I'm of the opinion that Gundogan should start most games for City and can't understand him being out of favour recently

Gundogan-Rodri-Silva would be my midfield with De Bruyne playing as a false 9
I agree with you

I don't know if this is unpopular, more of a strange opinion, but i remember around a decade ago thinking that whenever City became the better team in Manchester that we'd start to get a lot more fans than United

Maybe its on this side of the Irish sea, but I still see young lads growing up who for some reason support United. My 3 nephews for example, all born after 2012, their Dad isn't into football but they still chose to support United and Liverpool.
Don't get me wrong, there are a lot more City shirts about over here than there used to be, but I still thought there would be more.

I think Phil is still mostly potential and hasn’t really taken that next step up yet. He didn't play much football in his developing years and might just take him a few more years than someone who started playing regular first team football earlier than him. But I think he’ll become a fantastic player and already is at times now.

However, one thing I will say about Foden, that will be unpopular, is that I think he has got poor shooting technique. He closes his eyes and moves his head away from the ball. Watch Messi and Agüero as examples: their eyes were/are always fixed on the ball at the point of contact.

Go to 2:21 on this video to see what I mean:

He does this a lot. He even scored a lovely goal at Anfield doing almost the same thing, but it’s still poor technique.

I’ve also noticed that about Phil and presume it’s being worked on. He scuffs too many shots across the keeper and wide.

I wasn’t slightly worried about that game at Burnley today and always knew we’d win comfortably, didn’t want to say beforehand in case I scudded it
I’m very worried about next Sunday though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.