What are your unpopular opinions on City that you believe 100%?

We're not as strong as in 18/19 when Silva, Kompany and Aguero all inspired by example when it really mattered.

I also think that by not replacing Aguero and allowing Liverpool to buy Dias our current squad is temporarily slightly weaker than theirs, both in quantity and quality.

A quality striker arriving in the summer would change all that.

We're not as strong as in 18/19 when Silva, Kompany and Aguero all inspired by example when it really mattered.

I also think that by not replacing Aguero and allowing Liverpool to buy Dias our current squad is temporarily slightly weaker than theirs, both in quantity and quality.

I’d agree with all of that.

I don’t think they’ll be unpopular those mate.

I don't know if this is unpopular, more of a strange opinion, but i remember around a decade ago thinking that whenever City became the better team in Manchester that we'd start to get a lot more fans than United

Maybe its on this side of the Irish sea, but I still see young lads growing up who for some reason support United. My 3 nephews for example, all born after 2012, their Dad isn't into football but they still chose to support United and Liverpool.
Don't get me wrong, there are a lot more City shirts about over here than there used to be, but I still thought there would be more.

I'm sort of with you here. Granted I've not lived here all my life but United and Liverpool seem to be deeply ingrained. I've met longstanding City fans at the local supporters club though. The true conspiracy believers would have a field day over here - when RTE decides to show a CL game, Liverpool will almost certainly be first choice and on occasion they will even show a match between two European sides over City. We get missed out on the radio too when the "Top 6/7" gets read out.

However - I live near a town with a Brazilian population. We are popular amongst the Brazilian-Irish kids.

We should bin off this major celebration 10th anivesary of the 2012 title win and the guff we will produce.

It was our 3rd league title in our history, who the fuck celebrates them like they are the first, seems a bit wierd.

Remember it and enjoy it forever, but don't milk it.

We should bin off this major celebration 10th anivesary of the 2012 title win and the guff we will produce.

It was our 3rd league title in our history, who the fuck celebrates them like they are the first, seems a bit wierd.

Remember it and enjoy it forever, but don't milk it.

Who has claimed it was a celebration of the first?

Who has claimed it was a celebration of the first?

The club for one market it as our first premier league title, our first title for 44 years just saying the event with the last minute winner, the pipping our rivals to the title andit being never experienced by many generations in the stadium before will always make it iconic and special, however why would you make such a fuss of your 3rd league title, why not your second or 5th?

That is what I am saying remember it, cherish it, don't milk it, naming a lounge after it, bringing out merchandise every other year with the slightest connection.

It is one of the greatest moments in my lofe time as a blue and I love the moment dearly, every time I watch it it brings a swell of emotion.

Last edited:
The club for one market it as our first premier league title, our first title for 44 years just saying the event with the last minute winner, the piping our rivals to the title andit being never experienced by mamy generations in thw stadium before will always make it iconic amd special, however why would you make such a fuss of your 3rd league title, why not your second or 5th?

That is what I am saying remember it, cherish it, don't milk it, naming a lounge after it, bringing out merchandise every other year with the slightest connection.

It is one of the greatest moments in my lofe time as a blue and I love the moment dearly, every time I watch it it brings a swell of emotion.

I think you are trying to attach a dimension to it that isnt there.

It is marking 10 years of a moment and looking back at it. That's all it is. And happens to coincide with unveiling Sergio's statue, why not do it at the same timw, it is symbolic. I've also not seen it called the first, but if it is, I would guess it is defined as Premier League, in this format. While I disagree with the distinction, it is the often done thing by the broader media, i.e when Liverpool won their first PL title just 2 years ago, when Leicester became only the 5th team to win it, etc.

Who knows, we might do similar for our 4th, 5th titles too. We might even have a January '32 event marking 10 years since we won the our first title in January.

It is a good thing, imo. Brings loved players back, enables fans to look back and re-live the moment, reminds the world how good we were while we still are, and acknowledges a big moment in the current owners' time. I'm all for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.