What book are you reading now / or recommend?

Hez said:
Just starting Dracula by Bram Stoker.

I just finished it last week, thoroughly enjoyed it, chapter 1 was scary as shit! This was one of my Kindle freebies. It's good stuff, if not a little slow, the format of the different diary narratives make it a different kind of read.

Hard to believe that it was witten over 110 years ago!

stony said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Rascal said:
Rather strangely, im going to start a book by a girl i have known nearly 30 years.

Elaine Lordan - Whatever it takes.

As long as you don't recognise yourself as one of the characters you'll be fine.

I say this because my mum wrote a series of children's books, one of which was clearly based on the relationship between my brother and me. A fact which she strongly denied but was blatantly obvious to us. It's like having your inner most teenage secrets on the front page of a tabloid.

Is your mum Clive King ?

lol

Inverting The Pyramid: The History of Football Tactics by Jonathan Wilson (yes, I'm an exciting bastard, what of it?)

In all seriousness, it's an excellent read.

Also reading The Secret Footballer's book. Nothing special.

CitytillIdie74 said:
Flesh House, Stuart Macbride.

It's pretty damn good!

Just finished the last in the series. Can't wait for the next one, I love these books
x<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:46 am --<br /><br />
savo said:
Hez said:
Just starting Dracula by Bram Stoker.

I just finished it last week, thoroughly enjoyed it, chapter 1 was scary as shit! This was one of my Kindle freebies. It's good stuff, if not a little slow, the format of the different diary narratives make it a different kind of read.

Hard to believe that it was witten over 110 years ago!

I'm really enjoying it so far.

Today I'm starting Ash (James Herbert) I haven't read any of his previous Books but it is only just out and £5 on kindle so if I like it I will buy his others.

"Swan Song" by Robert McCammon - for about the fifth time. Yes, it's that good. About 20 years old now but remains the best book I've EVER read. If you love King's "The Stand", you'll love this & probably even more.

McCammon is criminally underrated - his more recent historical novels "Speaks the Nightbird" & "The Queen of Bedlam" are also superb.

The Devil in the White city.

About Americas first serial killer during the time Chicago held the world fair.

It's good. Got Truman Capote's In Cold Blood lined up next but need a bit of a change in genre to break them up I think.

Not usually my thing to read about killers but enjoyed this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.