What can the manager do if players decide to make mistakes

Everybody has to remember we built this team in 6 months an its expected to work no other team has had a complete
makeover as ours. The foundations has just been built and the only way is up it may just take a little longer than most anticipate but it will happen so be patient.

GaudinoMotors said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
a draw against a depleted liverpool team. I bet he was!
So what about all the draws teams have had against a depleted Manchester City side?
i agree well done burnley. They may of got a hiding every away game before us but they did well against our 'depleted' team

Paulmcfc2703 said:
GaudinoMotors said:
So what about all the draws teams have had against a depleted Manchester City side?
i agree well done burnley. They may of got a hiding every away game before us but they did well against our 'depleted' team
You live in the dream world where there is no Mark Hughes and where only good results and performances exist if you want.

Didsbury Dave said:
Bluemoon Cliche top 10, w/c 22/11/09

1) We didn't go for it until we we were a goal down
2) Liverpool were there for the taking
3) The manager can't be blamed for individual errors
4) We've only lost once FFS
5) Barry is knackered
6) The team is still gelling
7) hughes is far too negative
8) Weiss should be starting
9) Tevez is quality
10) Lescott is shite

And knocking on the door of the illustrious top 10:

We would have lost this last season!

Strong and sustained support for the equally outrageous pair of:

"You don't like him because he played for them"

and

"You want to keep him because you are scared of success"

jazzymcfc said:
Everybody has to remember we built this team in 6 months an its expected to work no other team has had a complete
makeover as ours. The foundations has just been built and the only way is up it may just take a little longer than most anticipate but it will happen so be patient.

we brought 7 players this summer, two of whom are not first choices. 5 new first choice players is not that unusual, let alone unprecedented.

bizzbo said:
jazzymcfc said:

we brought 7 players this summer, two of whom are not first choices. 5 new first choice players is not that unusual, let alone unprecedented.

Which if read correctly i specifically said 6 months dating back to the january window which has 9 first choice players 3 not
thats pretty much an uphevil for all the players

Hardly Mark Hughes fault when Lescott handles in the penalty area. Hughes outers give it a rest FFS. When we're lanquishing in mid table and have lost a few games then people will take you more seriously.

jazzymcfc said:
bizzbo said:

Which if read correctly i specifically said 6 months dating back to the january window which has 9 first choice players 3 not
thats pretty much an uphevil for all the players
true to say there has been upheaval, but to say 6 months doesn't quite ring true. hughes started buying players back in august last year, and even last january's arrivals have been here for closer to a year than six months.

really though, my view is that whilst the 'new team' syndrome may account for some of the mistakes, I worry that there are other uncertainties floating around. Last sunday was a good example. The organisation for the first goal was completely baffling to an outsider like me. Why no-one to cut out the flight of the ball? Why was everyone on the far side of the goal? Why weren't the centre-halves marking their opposite numbers (I think that's how it usually works)? If the players were uncertain about how they should have lined up, or if they were following a plan that was shown to be flawed, my worry is that uncertainty was playing on their mind when three, maybe four of them made the mistakes that led to the second goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.