What car do you drive?

I used to drive a car and van. So had two current NCB's. Due a cock up (by the wife) one was allowed to run out when i didn't have a car for three years. Just didn't need both at the time.
So about five years ago, i decided it was time to buy a car as i was sick of going places in the van for none work reasons.

I wanted something sporty and was shocked how high the insurance would be (with zero NCB) even though i was 45 at the time. So i decided to buy a banger and insure it for a year. That single years NCB was enough to knock two thirds off the premiums. The wife always has a nice new car, so we are covered if we need to travel further.

Found a 2006 Citroen C4 Coupe HDi VTR+ in black for £1500. The previous owner had just spent a fortune on new tyres/brakes/cambelt and shocks. Then decided to trade it in. This thing was immaculate. I had it remapped the first week. It really does shift if need be. But returns 60+ MPG.

Well that was over five years ago, and it is still here. It has been loaned out to friends and family when they needed a stop gap car. It hasn't broken down once, and every single switch/accessory still works. The aircon is ice cold.
It was finally going this year as i really do want something new. But then i saw all the used car prices had gone bonkers, so it survives another year!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.