What car do you drive?

Stage 2 Fiesta ST
240bhp 370nm
513d37afcf1e4ee61f35f5ee888515ed.jpg
Very nice, take it no speed bumps on your road

Get what you can easily afford and comfortable to drive.

Cars are a waste of money, too many oneuppers driving german cars on lease thinking they're above everybody else when actually it is a feeble way to wear what little wealth they have as they drive home to live with their parents.

Most reliable car I ever had was a Honda Accord
Did 120k in three years from new and the only issue was a duff windscreen wiper motor in the first week
The worst car I've ever had was a Mondeo which was always having some work done
I think I spent more time driving it to and from the dealer than anywhere else

When I went self employed, over the course of 17 years I had in order, a Passat sport, Volvo V70, BMW 5, Audi A6 and two Merc E class.
When I look back at these, it's the Volvo I think of the fondest
Very cool cross sectional of cars, what was it you loved about the Volvo?
They no longer do the V70, but it looks very similar to the V60
The Volvo XC60 polestar is a hell of a machine and XC60 feels like a tank

have a jeep cherokee night eagle bought 6 months ago not the Grand this is the smaller of the two, 9 speed auto box, active drive, it has all the toys, best car i have ever owned, you can get the 2ltr but i went for the 2.2 which has better fuel consumption and cheaper tax

Very nice cars, but sponsor the rags.
Looked at the Grand Cherokee but the cost of running must be considerate

I bought a new car just before covid it I haven't used it really, it's done very few kilometres came with 10 year warranty, and some free services so I just figured when it's 10 years old I'll sell it and buy another one. (If still alive)
It's actually worth more now than when I bought it strangely.

Mitsubishi outlander

View attachment 26585
Yeah the cost of cars is ridiculous right now, it's weird going into the car showrooms and thy are very lacking in new cars due to shortages

I bought a new car just before covid it I haven't used it really, it's done very few kilometres came with 10 year warranty, and some free services so I just figured when it's 10 years old I'll sell it and buy another one. (If still alive)
It's actually worth more now than when I bought it strangely.

Mitsubishi outlander

View attachment 26585
Yeah the cost of cars is ridiculous right now, it's weird going into the car showrooms and thy are very lacking in new cars due to shortages

Also worth considering delivery times on new cars as well as there are really long waits for new cars at the moment due to covid and parts shortages. I was due to get an Audi A3 at the start of this month (ordered it in June) and they messaged me start of august saying it would now be nov/dec at the earliest. Couldn’t wait that long so have gone for a Hyundai Kona hybrid and arrived last week. So far very happy with it and great SUV family car and gets me 54 mpg.

BMW 320, 45k on the clock bought st £10,250. It’ll last me for the next 4-5 years or so. 45 minute commute for me so needed to get back into a car that doesn’t mind doing the miles, after my last 3 series was wrote off just before Covid kicked off. Happened at a decent time tbh as it meant i haven’t had a car for nearly 18 months, which has been brilliant

Bloody hell that was expensive

Can’t get them over here. Had to order it in THEIR pre-ordered spec to get one this YEAR!

XLE Premium with weather package and audio/nav package.

Wanted the weather package for the Chicago winters, but Audio/Nav cost me an extra £1,000 I didn’t really want to add, but it was perfect otherwise (interior/exterior) so I bought it!

I really wanted the Prime (Plug in Hybrid) but the fella just laughed and said, “They only made 10,000 of those. We got ONE and it sold for $10,000 over MSRP. They’re supposed to make 20,000 next year, but they’ve stopped production because they can’t get the parts!”

It was about $38,000 before tax, title and tags, which added on over $3,000 more!

2 yrs free scheduled maintenance.
3yr/36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty.
100,000 mile hybrid system/power train warranty.

Should last her for at least 10 yrs and plenty of room for 5 adults and a metric shitton of crap (or dogs) in the rear.

I was in the very fortunate position to be able to buy it for her 25th as a massive surprise, and did so. It was my wife’s idea. We had talked about getting a new car for my wife, but she said to buy one for my daughter and she would just keep driving her 120,000 mile 2013 Volt.

My wife likes it so much, she wouldn’t mind one herself when the time comes.

My daughter realizes how lucky she is, and we know how lucky we are to have a kind, loving daughter…and the good fortune to be able to do it for her.

Last edited:
Had Honda Accord from 1994-2008. Loved it. New Civics are top quality…and same size as the Accord I had back then! Don’t know anyone who owns a Civic who doesn’t love it!
Had a Civic a couple of years ago, the worst entertainment system known to man, shocking. Also very plastic inside, current car is a Merc A class which I only use occasionally, had to buy small as Mrs H doesn't like anything much larger than a mini. The Merc though is different class compared to the Honda.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.