What car do you drive?

Had a Civic a couple of years ago, the worst entertainment system known to man, shocking. Also very plastic inside, current car is a Merc A class which I only use occasionally, had to buy small as Mrs H doesn't like anything much larger than a mini. The Merc though is different class compared to the Honda.
Haven’t ridden in any of the new Civics, but they look pretty nice from the outside.

If I had my (Honda) druthers, I’d have an Accord Hybrid. Interior size is excellent and looks like a late model Merc to me. If I had to go more Civic sized, I’d take the Insight.

Last edited:
Best car I ever owned was a Porsche Boxter, only used in the Summer, problem was it was a magnet for dickheads to "key" it, had it scratched three times at a cost of around £1200. Sold it 3 years ago, apart from the loss of family and friends and City getting relegated at Stoke the saddest day of my life.

Haven’t ridden in any of the new Civics, but they look pretty nice from the outside.

If I had my (Honda) druthers, I’d have an Accord Hybrid. Interior size is excellent and looks like a Kate model Merc to me. If I had to go more Civic sized, I’d take the Insight.
Think they are a different spec in the states, long story with mine but I was well happy to get rid.

Tesla model 3. Had BMWs via company cars for over 30 years, but this is my first personal finance car. no range anxiety having the Tesla superchargers, it's very quick and cheap to run (£3.50 to charge up 100%).

On the downside, the build quality is questionable and I've had paint flake of the sill. Tesla are sorting for free, but it's not a great story.

I
Peugeot 2008
I’ve no interest in cars as long as it gets me from A to B
I hear a lot of people saying they just need a car to go from A to B. What I want to know is where the actual fuck is A and B? I have'nt a clue and feel left out because loads of people are doing the same as you and traveling between them. I've looked on maps and everything, when i say looked, I glanced, couldn't see them and got fed up, so made some toast and a lovely cuppa.

Tesla model 3. Had BMWs via company cars for over 30 years, but this is my first personal finance car. no range anxiety having the Tesla superchargers, it's very quick and cheap to run (£3.50 to charge up 100%).

On the downside, the build quality is questionable and I've had paint flake of the sill. Tesla are sorting for free, but it's not a great story.
This is another reason for waiting for a Y from Texas.

They fixed the build issues they’ve been having in Fremont, CA when they built Tesla Shanghai, because the Chinese wouldn’t approve manufacture for sale until the issues were sorted.

Plus, now they’ve mastered the mega casting, it has greatly improved build quality.

The orange peel paint issues are something you should have taken care of at purchase, by refusing acceptance. But, if they’re fixing it for you, then I guess it’s OK.

Not sure if you’re interested, but check out Munro Live (Sandy Munro) on YouTube.

He was a major manufacturer engineer and opened his own engineering shop. He tears down cars, piece by piece, and does engineering analysis on everything.

His YT episodes are usually only about 5-10 mins, but over the course of a car tear down, he can do about 10-20 episodes.

He has done a 3, ID4, Polestar, Mach E, and a Y.

He recommended the Y, and had lots of interesting g things to say about the engineering and manufacture of all the other vehicles.

He’s like a Grandpa talking you through the car parts and isn’t “slick” like many of the review channels. He’s an engineer filming what they discover when they dismantle the vehicles…pro & con.

If you care…

From the start:

Summary:

Last edited:
This is another reason for waiting for a Y from Texas.

They fixed the build issues they’ve been having in Fremont, CA when they built Tesla Shanghai, because the Chinese wouldn’t approve manufacture for sale until the issues were sorted.

Plus, now they’ve mastered the mega casting, it has greatly improved build quality.

The orange peel paint issues are something you should have taken care of at purchase, by refusing acceptance. But, if they’re fixing it for you, then I guess it’s OK.

Not sure if you’re interested, but check out Munro Live (Sandy Munro) on YouTube.

He was a major manufacturer engineer and opened his own engineering shop. He tears down cars, piece by piece, and does engineering analysis on everything.

His YT episodes are usually only about 10-20 mins, but over the course of a car tear down, he can do about 10-20 episodes.

He has done a 3, ID4, Polestar, Mach E, and a Y.

He recommended the Y, and had lots of interesting g things to say about the engineering and manufacture of all the other vehicles.

He’s like a Grandpa talking you through the car parts and isn’t “slick” like many of the review channels. He’s an engineer filming what they discover when they dismantle the vehicles…pro & con.

If you care…

I wasn't prepared to wait for the Y, but see that some models are shipping to Europe, Norway I think. Hopefully you will be able to order soon.

Yep, watched Sandy Munro videos, as you say very, very detailed insight.

Paintwork wasn't an issue for 9 months, only happened two weeks ago after going to get the car washed. At least Tesla are sorting under what they call "goodwill"

Had Honda Accord from 1994-2008. Loved it. New Civics are top quality…and same size as the Accord I had back then! Don’t know anyone who owns a Civic who doesn’t love it!

I love Alfas but after a hefty repair bill on one a few years back which ended with the car driving like a tractor I swapped to a 2006 Civic 2.2 cdti, I liked them when they first came out as they were very futuristic looking and it ended up being the best car I've owned - very very reliable, hardly any bills outside of routine servicing and was like shit off a shovel. I changed it for a Nissan Juke in 2017, another good car but I do really like the new Civics though they tend to be smaller engines now, many are only1.0 so would have to test drive one before buying it as I do like a bit of poke

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.