What Constitutes a Successful Upcoming Season?

Citizen Green

I think we can all agree it’s going to be incredibly difficult to replicate what we did domestically last season, I suspect finishing on 87/88+ would be enough to retain the title in fact.

However this brings me to my point, what is a successful season for us next year? It’s pretty clear the next level the club needs to aspire to is Champions League success, how far are we from it? I fear not signing an adequate midfielder & relying on Ferna to put in another 50/60 games would leave us short on that front.

I personally would take retaining the title every season hands down, but is that enough for the club & Pep?

Eitherway we have an incredible young squad which we’ve put together over the last 2 years, who says it couldn’t get even better than last season? continuity is what we need & crave given our last two title defences.

Dream:

Retain the title comfortably
Win the CL
Beat our top 6 rivals home and away, in particular thrashing dippers and rags
Win a wembley final (lc or fac)

Brain
Actually make a stab at defending our title (ie. In contention at the end)
Progression in the cl
Blood foden properly with a couple of youngsters

Seeing us play attractive football or at least trying to, defendingthe title to put the back to back nonsense to bed.

Anything else is a bonus

Retaining the league is a must, a cup win would be nice, the champs league will be top priority from “upstairs” im guessing?

I think we can all agree it’s going to be incredibly difficult to replicate what we did domestically last season, I suspect finishing on 87/88+ would be enough to retain the title in fact.

However this brings me to my point, what is a successful season for us next year? It’s pretty clear the next level the club needs to aspire to is Champions League success, how far are we from it? I fear not signing an adequate midfielder & relying on Ferna to put in another 50/60 games would leave us short on that front.

I personally would take retaining the title every season hands down, but is that enough for the club & Pep?

Eitherway we have an incredible young squad which we’ve put together over the last 2 years, who says it couldn’t get even better than last season? continuity is what we need & crave given our last two title defences.
Many posters are concerned about fern being able to play 50to60 games. If we dont sign anyone else and he plays that many, that will be piss poor management from Pep. He should only be playing when essential , which should be half of that at most. Back to your question, retaining the league and progress in CL

The league. Absolutely nothing else, we've got to retain the league. Anything else would because bonus. I think the owners want the CL, and we probably should be looking at making the semi final at least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.