What did the kids do before the internet?

We managed to get hold of some air pistols/ rifles. I had an sp diana that if you fired into the air you could see the bullet. My Dad had forbade me to have one so when the local village bobby caught us using them, on each other mind, wild west, building site on a Sunday afternoon, he took me home. I pleaded with him not to, arrest me please!, but he just said "Hello Gordon" to my old man, told him what had gone on, and then left. Smiling! I still remember the belting I got then, some 40 years later.

Fired berries from bike pumps, made and fired catapults, climbed trees and lots of them, bike rides, made our own radio programmes recorded onto tape, read books and lots of them!

I sat on any computerised thing ( Atari 2600 and up) I could get my hands on, but I also used to go bike riding etc, usually to the local arcade to play on the computeriesed things.

Then as an adult I turned my hobby of playing games on computers into making those games that get played on those computerised things

I did also so all those other things too, fishing. Crab apple fights, knock down ginger etc.

From May until first week in September we lived at out local outdoor brine swimming pool.Wonderful days and a Season Ticket cost only ten bob and you could stay from 9.00 am until closing at 9.00 pm.
Rain in summer ?? WTF was that way back in the 1960`s ?
A good 20+ off us would meet there every day.One year I missed only 3 days.Wonderful times and great memories.

Catapults made from the springy wire from old bed frames and chuck arrows made from skinny bamboo garden canes with football cards as flights. Usually Derek Duggan cos he was in every packet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.