What did you collect as a kid.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Millwallawayveteran1988, 18 Sep 2019.

1. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

Seems to have gone out of fashion a bit with today’s youngsters as they have it all but I seem to remember collecting stuff was pretty popular back in the day.

I had a few.

Beer mats - no surprise there as my dad worked in a Brewery and was in the pub a lot!

Marbles - used to love a game of this and had a good number of these when younger

Also stamps which my uncle used to give to me when I visited him. Used to buy all those sets that the post office issued every few months.

Fuck knows where they all ended up. Probably would have been worth a few quid now.

Anyone else have a collecting hobby or was I just a freak?

2. AliBobbyJ

AliBobbyJ

Programmes.
    Loco engine numbers.
    Stamps.
    Pictures of French women.

3. Tanzeylee

Tanzeylee

STI's I was a prolific shagger oh and rubbers not the prophylactic type the eraser type

4. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Train numbers, plane numbers, tried stamps but didn't get into it, football programmes & football cards ( if I still had them would probably be worth a few quid now)

5. its a Barm

its a Barm

anything City, just a City geek.

6. Nightmare Walking

Nightmare Walking

Vinyl and still collect it. Even though I have no room for any more, I just can't help myself. I just can't get enough, as a famous band once sang

7. worsleyweb

worsleyweb

I used to collect Minature spirit bottles - loved them. Also beer mats for a spell and of course programmes which I have kept up to this day.

Have over 4000 City programmes pretty much complete home and away back to WW2 and I own a home programme from this current season back to 1923. Almost 100 years solid.

Takes over a full room in the house.

8. Nebuchadnezzar

Nebuchadnezzar

I got a Guinness World Book of Records for Christmas one year and went to the back to see if there were any records that hadn't been set.

For a good few months after this I took the decision to try and collect receipts. Not just mine either. Any spare bit of paper in a Tesco trolley, if it had a number on it, it was mine for the taking. I must have had a good few hundred until someone had the heart to tell me that people do actually keep their receipts for sensible reasons. I see myself as a pre-cursor to that twat who called himself a Wombler.

9. Stamps (my grandparents did it for me but I still have them stored somewhere)
    Civil aircraft registration numbers

Trevor Morley's Tache likes this.
  10. Sid C

Sid C

Conkers. Something to do with lack of money I think :(