What did you collect as a kid.

Bubblegum Cards

American Civil War
Mars Attacks (theres a full set going on eBay for £700)
Batman
Beatles
Monkees
Man from Uncle
Outer Limits (these now go for £2 to £3 each)

PG Tips Cards (from the packet)

I used to collect cigarette cards as well (from relatives who smoked) and had a huge collection (Mainly footballers and cricketers) . Sadly these have all been lost apart from 1 album of vintage cars.

Bubblegum Cards

American Civil War
Mars Attacks (theres a full set going on eBay for £700)
Batman
Beatles
Monkees
Man from Uncle
Outer Limits (these now go for £2 to £3 each)

PG Tips Cards (from the packet)

I used to collect cigarette cards as well (from relatives who smoked) and had a huge collection (Mainly footballers and cricketers) . Sadly these have all been lost apart from 1 album of vintage cars.

I remember collecting the set of dogs. No1 was a Bedlington terrier. Yer don't see many of 'em about, but I saw one on the Rochdale Canal a few months back, stopped and declared to its owner "That's a Bedlington terrier!" And I told him the tale of my PG tips collection of dogs. Unfortuntately it's the only one I remember.

At primary school age:

Alleys (sp?) and bollies
Bubble gum footballer cards
PG Tips tea cards. The series I remember best was freshwater fish.
Dinkeys

Last edited:
Airfix kits. I had loads of the WW2 stuff. Then one year I bought a box of bangers, taped one to each plane and lit them. Quite spectacular but not sure whether it covered all the effort that had gone in to building them.

In no particular order

Bubblegum cards
Robinson golly badges
PG Tips cards and full albums
Airfix models
Vinyl records
Stamps
Cigarette cards (Christ I am that old)
Green Shield stamps
And how could I forget, City programmes, first team and reserve for the tokens we never got to use!

Seems to have gone out of fashion a bit with today’s youngsters as they have it all but I seem to remember collecting stuff was pretty popular back in the day.

I had a few.

Beer mats - no surprise there as my dad worked in a Brewery and was in the pub a lot!

Marbles - used to love a game of this and had a good number of these when younger

Also stamps which my uncle used to give to me when I visited him. Used to buy all those sets that the post office issued every few months.

Fuck knows where they all ended up. Probably would have been worth a few quid now.

Anyone else have a collecting hobby or was I just a freak?

All those plus matchboxes, bottle tops, golf balls, city stuff.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.