What do you believe you saw?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
When Dzeko scored, I just knew. It felt like it was always going to be this way in the end.

I personally equate that moment to a mass exorcism, a cleansing of everything that had been suffered and gone before.

The sound of the crowd, it was as if the banshee itself couldn't quite believe they would be no more.

my mum works in the next over the road and she said she could hear the roar inside the staff room and she knew we'd won the league.

she claims she's never heard a goal from in there.

Im looking forward to deja vu this may..

Fat lady cant sing cos ive tied her to the bed and am drip feeding her creme eggs.

WEMBLEY76 said:
When the ball went into the crowd on 90 mins,I was stewarding on the permieter at block 137,had a strange feeling that the ball would come down
to me,it did,I threw it to Pablo Zabaleta,he passed it to David Silva,whose
corner was headed in by Edin on 91 minutes.I prayed for my late Blue fathers help,and he came through,I always believe the ball incident was his way of telling me its going to be alright and City would win.

I prayed for my late Blue fathers help,and he came through,
============
I did the same, but to my younger brother, a lifelong ST holder who died just before the take over.... All he saw was shite!

WEMBLEY76 said:
When the ball went into the crowd on 90 mins,I was stewarding on the permieter at block 137,had a strange feeling that the ball would come down
corner was headed in by Edin on 91 minutes.I prayed for my late Blue fathers help,and he came through,I always believe the ball incident was his way of telling me its going to be alright and City would win.

Great post Blue.
A good friend told me a similar thing in relation to his late mother.

AndyTheCatalystMorrison said:
Miracles? Divine intervention? Get a grip of yourselves. So, after years of hiding it pretty damn well, God suddenly outs himself as a blue. And then when we're on the cusp of English domination, he gives up and lets the the rags back in? He certainly does move in mysterious ways.

Another brilliant post :)
They do say the Devil looks out for his own. Certainly the case this season!

levets said:
WEMBLEY76 said:

I prayed for my late Blue fathers help,and he came through,
============
I did the same, but to my younger brother, a lifelong ST holder who died just before the take over.... All he saw was shite!

bet it didn't stop him fanatically loving the blues tho aye :)

I find it difficult to recall the match at all having spent most of it with my head in my hands wondering why the team always put us fans through hell. When Dzeko scored it seemed like a slap in the face as I never expected us to go on and win. The Aguero goal happened in slow motion and then there was an outpouring of excstasy from every fan the like of which I have never witnessed before.

I have watched the last 5 minutes so many times I have lost count and I still find it hard to believe what happened. The equaliser for instance may never have happened if the steward had not been so sharp and I was delighted to read his post shown below:
WEMBLEY76 said:
At the game I was screaming at Nasri to keep the ball in play after Zaba had tackled Sweep but thank God the lazy bastard let it run out of play as I swear the winner would not have happened if he had got possession. As it was Lescott nodding it to Nigel was perfect as he just set off upfield and gave it to our most skilled forward who after passing it to Balo never stopped running and ignored the chance to get a penalty to slot home the winner as only the greatest are able to do.

It was pure magic and definitely the greatest football moment I have even witnessed in my 66 years.

Put it this way: If I did believe there was some kind of outside influence then my rational mind would go with match-fixing over divine intervention any day.

But as it happens, I don't believe either. I just think we won it, in spectacular fashion.

When Dzeko scored I felt exactly the same as I did when Horlock scored in 1999, I don't think I even cheered as I was accepting the inevitable (born a blue & all that). Then when Aguero broke into the box I stood up, saw it hit the net, looked at the ref & linesman still expecting the worse & then thought I was screaming & jumping all over my Dad until I realised that fuck all noise was actually coming out of my mouth. I then thought like I was going to collapse so sat down & sobbed uncontrollably for about 10 minutes (and every time I watched it back for about 3 months).

To have been there & witnessed it at all was amazing but to have been there with my Dad & two uncles who I'd been going to the match with since 1975 when I was a five year old junior blue that's what made it for me. Best day as a City fan EVER & that was nothing to do with God, that was pure City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.