What do you believe you saw?

I was there with the Better Half, as always, and our 2 1/2 year-old grandson.

As the match wore on after QPR scored their second, I was feeling more and more like crying but I felt I had to keep smiling for the lad's sake.

Just before Zaba scored, the Mrs and I had swapped seats, but after half time, we went back to our own, so on about 85 minutes, I said to her, "Let's swap seats again".

When Edin scored, my first thought was, at least we've saved our unbeaten home record.

And when Sergio's shot hit the net, we went mad, the two of us jumping up and down with our grandson in my arms. The two lads next to us grabbed us too and we just went berserk!

We met up with the stepson-in-law to hand over our grandson, he said that his rag mates had been all over Facebook, crowing about scum winning, so he'd left his status as HA! HA! HA!.

It was the most desperate day and the most fantastic day all in less than an hour and it will live with me forever.

Vienna_70 said:
It was the most desperate day and the most fantastic day all in less than an hour and it will live with me forever.

/end.

No matter how many titles are won and lost between now and then nobody will ever see anything like that ever again. It was a once in a lifetime event that will never be replicated. The history, the rivalry, the tension. My wife summed it up when she said if that was a book you couldn't have wrote a better script.

Is victory sweet because your side wins - or is it really because the other side loses? (Rags)

Whilst working away, An old man in a pub asked me this a couple of weeks after being crowned champions. I really couldn't give him an answer.

ban-mcfc said:
i'd just like to add, the 5/6 hours after it happened were the best of my life.

i've never been so happy.
THIS.... was drinking and dancing with my bro & nephews, friends in Cord.. What ever we win in the future , nothing will eclipse that day / night..

Mancini Manus Domini said:
13th of May 2012
'Well if they win it from here I don't think it will ever be topped.' Martin Tyler 90+1 minutes.

What I'd like to know is if you genuinely believe you witnessed a miracle?

More than a miracle

To put it simply, it was Typical City. When have we ever done anything easily? 'The genuine soap opera club' as we were labelled after Dickov's goal in 99, hadn't changed all that much, only difference was we had world class players and a top manager, fans were the same, the atmosphere around the league was the same (everyone was laughing at us for messing up again). In a way, I hope that unpredictability never goes, cause fuck me it's exciting. As someone posted before, I think the spirit of past players, managers, fans, etc. were with us that day. I wouldn't say a miracle, cause we've been doing shit like this for years, just on a smaller scale.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.