What does it take to be considered a real City fan?

Standing in my living room eating pizza watching re-run after re-run of the final 5 minutes, in floods of tears, a full 8 hours after Aguero's winner one day in May.

My wife asking what's up? And just that feeling of pure happiness!!

20 odd years of hardship was over :-)

pang said:
I support City since mansour merge , don't i really city fan? But i think everytime about City
That's good enough for me Pang! :)

There are lots of new City fans, who didn't endure the shite we've watched over the years, if it wasn't for the money we wouldn't be playing the type of football that excites the world over, We'd be a Villa/Newcastle or worse!! In saying that I'm a seasoncard holder now and have been for years, but my best times were when we were crap! More to do with an age thing I think!

What is the definition of a real City fan?. We could debate this forever. Is the man who spends £600 on a season ticket and goes to every home game but travels less than 5 miles a bigger fan than one who travels overseas to watch CITY 4 OR 5 times a season but spends £300+ on each trip. Should we judge on the amount of replica jerseys we have bought over the years or the number of programmes we have?. However for me the answer to how big a blue you are lies not in external shows of affection but in the heart and how you deal with defeat. If your jollying it up 2 hours after a defeat in a derby then you should question your ' i'm a bigger blue than you bollox'. When I think of some defeats over the years, Halifax , Luton , Spuds FA QF , Wigan and numerous last minute losses to the rags and how sick I felt and the nearest feeling to these games was when you'd get the 'Jim Reeves'( he'll have to go) treatment from an ex girlfriend who you were in love with.You lose your appetite and go to bed early so you don't have to think about whats making you so sad

It's all a bit silly, we are all different, we all see things in different ways therefore there is no such thing as a typical City fan, no one likes to see us lose, but some of us can handle disappointment better than others

der-bomber said:
Some really arrogant blinkered posts in this thread ...

If we had to rely on purely Mancunian support on matchdays we'd probably get about twenty-odd thousand ...

Manchester City F.C. isn't exclusively the property of people who come from Manchester its a broad church ...

lf you're a Blue you just know it in your heart and when you come into contact with other Blues they will know it too ...

Yes may be true
(I think the lower prices would mean more working class mancs could return)

but just think how much better football would be if all teams drew on local support and the likes of Bury and Boston and Leeds were also getting them sort of crowds

we may have smaller grounds but football right through the pyramid would be healthier even some Jock and Irish clubs would have some fans through their gates

all over football plastics have been slagged off but on here City plastics are somehow different not sure how that works

support your local club I do

I see the old working class canard had surfaced you would think that the majority of our fans are champagne quaffing socialites the way some people go on, the truth is most are working people from a variety of backgrounds

whp.blue said:
der-bomber said:

If we had to rely on purely Mancunian support on matchdays we'd probably get about twenty-odd thousand ...

Manchester City F.C. isn't exclusively the property of people who come from Manchester its a broad church ...

lf you're a Blue you just know it in your heart and when you come into contact with other Blues they will know it too ...

Yes may be true

but just think how much better football would be if all teams drew on local support and the likes of Bury and Boston and Leeds were also getting them sort of crowds

we may have smaller grounds but football right through the pyramid would be healthier even some Jock and Irish clubs would have some fans through their gates

all over football plastics have been slagged off but on here City plastics are somehow different not sure how that works

Very small minded.

Pigeonho said:
whp.blue said:
der-bomber said:

Yes may be true

Very small minded.

not really just an honest opinion from a mancunian who can remember the days Of Maine Road being full of working class mancunians and the OP asked for opinions this just happens to be mine

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.