What does Pellegrini have to win this season?

ninjamonkey

After an exceptional double in his first year, and a disappointing season last year ending with nothing, the question is, what will it take this season for his time here overall to have been a success?

Taking into account the squad we've provided him with over his 3 years in charge here and the lack of real quality opposition, what's an acceptable trophy haul for him?

If we win nothing this season too, is a double in 3 years enough, or will we look back on his time as a slight disappointment and a missed opportunity?

For me, it's probably going to take another league and cup double averaging more than 1 trophy a season with 2 of them the league title for me to think he's done a good job overall. A league title this season and he's probably at a par with what we'd of expected when we brought him in and he walks away being able to say job done. Anything less than that i don't think is enough.

After an exceptional double in his first year, and a disappointing season last year ending with nothing, the question is, what will it take this season for his time here overall to have been a success?

Taking into account the squad we've provided him with over his 3 years in charge here and the lack of real quality opposition, what's an acceptable trophy haul for him?

If we win nothing this season too, is a double in 3 years enough, or will we look back on his time as a slight disappointment and a missed opportunity?

For me, it's probably going to take another league and cup double averaging more than 1 trophy a season with 2 of them the league title for me to think he's done a good job overall. A league title this season and he's probably at a par with what we'd of expected when we brought him in and he walks away being able to say job done. Anything less than that i don't think is enough.

This should be his epitaph. No real, consistent opposition this season at all. Everyone blowing hot and cold including us. The title was there for the taking, but I think Pellers values 'good football' above winning a title! I've used the past tense deliberately.

He will win nothing he is a tactical moron. The remit was I belive 5 trophies in 5 years he falls well,well short he isn't even in your top 3 city managers

I think he would need to win two. We are already in a final so another from CL, FAC or PL.
My concern is that we get nothing and then pep needs a season to sort the team out (so possibility of nothing next season too)

Good football? LOL we aren't even attacking these days and just give it a tip tap around the half way line. Even free kicks we don't attack and just pass the ball backwards. Frustrating to watch

This should be his epitaph. No real, consistent opposition this season at all. Everyone blowing hot and cold including us. The title was there for the taking, but I think Pellers values 'good football' above winning a title! I've used the past tense deliberately.

I'm with you on that and it's why i included it in my post as i think it's a key factor that needs to be considered. We can't necessarily expect to win the title every season as there's other good teams around usually but i think Pellegrini has had it easy in that regards, the only real quality we've faced in his 3 years was Chelsea for half a season last year and even then they turned to shit by January yet still coasted the league. In his first year our closest challenge was Luis Suarez, last year as i said we had Chelsea for half a year and this year it's seemingly Leicester and a young Spurs side.

Look at our average points per game this season, it's less than 2. Looking back over the past decade that kind of record would just about scrape you top 4 on a good year.

Good football? LOL we aren't even attacking these days and just give it a tip tap around the half way line. Even free kicks we don't attack and just pass the ball backwards. Frustrating to watch

It's not been good for 18m bar the odd game here and there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.