What doe's this tell us about the new Manager?

CITY FOR LIFE

Controling the Ticker Tape from EL 3 Block 308 on
To accept a job while there is a manager still in place. It looks like all this took place after the Hull or Arsenal game.

Or is it the management we should look at, and I mean by that Marwood and Cook.

I have 62 people working for me, if I was to employ someone to cover a post already filled I think we all know where it would end up.

I suppose if your pockets are deep it may not matter but the image of your company or in our case of the Club it does.

Happens all the time, baconface was in a private jet on the way down from Scotland, while fat Ron was still manager of the rags. Keegan, Horton both did the same thing Horton was at Reid's last game in-charge.

If you're sacking your manager, it makes sense to have your replacement lined up already.

If Mancini gets told Hughes is going, no matter whether Mancini himself takes the job or not, then it tells us nothing about him.

Keegan was approached to see if he was interested in the job before we sacked Royle. It seems quite common to do this in football now, especially at the top level. I can see why it's done, there are a lot of crucial fixtures coming up and clubs want to avoid the uncertainty of having a caretaker in charge for a few weeks while they search for a replacement.

to me it absolutely stank! but at least they haven't sacked him and then spent two weeks waiting to get someone in. The timing's also really bad as we have a lot of games coming up and he hasn't got much time to get to know the players. Personally I can't decide if its a good thing or not. As for him taking the job before its actually vacant, football's a cut throat business and there isn't much of a community spirit!

CITY FOR LIFE said:
To accept a job while there is a manager still in place. It looks like all this took place after the Hull or Arsenal game.

I have 62 people working for me, if I was to employ someone to cover a post already filled I think we all know where it would end up.

I suppose if your pockets are deep it may not matter but the image of your company or in our case of the Club it does.

This keeps being mentioned and its irritating, to the OP this is the perfect way to do it, not a knee jerk reaction with Bowen being caretaker

lancs blue said:
Keegan was approached to see if he was interested in the job before we sacked Royle. It seems quite common to do this in football now, especially at the top level. I can see why it's done, there are a lot of crucial fixtures coming up and clubs want to avoid the uncertainty of having a caretaker in charge for a few weeks while they search for a replacement.
Plus with us having all Hughes's mates, how many people would be left to even caretake the club!

CITY FOR LIFE said:

It's foootball mate and the normal rules don't apply. If Les was a dead man walking after the Hull game what I can't get my head round is how they could have justified sacking him if we'd won the games against Bulltown and Spuds as well as the matches we did win.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.