What footballing legends do you feel are overrated?

I think Raul is a bit harsh. Agree with the others though. Beckham most.
Made to look good at Madrid by who was around, he made it all about him. Soon as Spain sacked the arrogant twat off they improved, was not a patch on David Villa who played better with Torres.

Well that's my take on it.

Think one of Rauls son's is a New York City's academy.

Spot on about Beckham we both are, never come across such an overeated player, a total wanker as well.

Some names on here that have never been referred to as legends. Some are still playing and in their 20s.

I'll risk the wrath of some and say Gazza. What exactly is he a legend for? Crying? A broken leg in a final? The nation's love? Having a fat mate? Taking Raoul Moat some chicken??
He was a good player, but legend? Seems for things that aren't to do with football.

I agree about Zidane, this video pretty much sums it up:

Don't get me wrong, he was excellent, but in no way should he be talked about in the same bracket as Cruyff, Maradona, Pele, Messi, etc. Platini was a better player than Zidane, its just that everyone's judgement on Platini is clouded by his time as UEFA president, but he was brilliant as a player.

Zola. Great player yes, but Italy was stacked with great attacking players in the 90's, with Baggio the pick of the bunch, which is why he was mostly an international bench warmer.

Great channel is Sevens. Much much better than the clickbait dross on their sister channel with that unfunny irish prick and miserable geordie constantly slagging off City.

The most overrated player ever is probably Beckham, mind.
Pele is one of the best ever but is overrated when compared to Messi and probably Rag Ronaldo.

The Beckhams got their kids into top schools even though the kids were bang average. Brooklyn got to do a photography course and work with top photographers. He's still shite. His photos are terrible. I could do better with my phone.
I just looked this up and fuck me. I know he was only 17 at the time, but someone genuinely thought that this was good enough to print and sell for 16.99 in a book (or more accurately, thought they could cash in on his name).

DDAvppVXcAA5dIy

The caption is literally saying "I'm not good enough to photograph this animal, but here's my effort anyway." And for the record, as far as wildlife photography goes, there's not much easier than an elephant. I don't know if you've noticed, but they're massive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.