What got you supporting City?

I'm French.
Supporting since 2008, when i took a job as an international purchaser in a trading company based in Fountain Street.
I must confess i wasn't into Manchester teams before that ( rather a Liverpool supporter, rooting for Gerrad Houiller and Michael Owen ).
But my despisement for United, the promissing rise of a future dominant side, and the enthusiasm of my colleagues won me over for City.

moved to manchester in 76' do do an apprenticeship in Trafford Park.Started hanging around with some blues and i was converted!Been going ever since and can honestly say have enjoyed every minute including all the downs which make it even bitter sweet now

I use to support united until they sold their soul to Malcolm and his brothers, that's when I defected and starting supporting City, it was a bit strange singing Bluemoon at first but now I can't get enough of it.

CTWD.

All my family are blues,for nearly 100 years
After WW1 my Great-Grandad got a job on the railway at Hyde Road/Ardwick and started watching City at Hyde Road
He took my Grandad to Maine Road in the early 30's who then took my dad to watch City in the early 60's and he first took me to Maine Road in 1980 when i was 5
Last season i started taking my niece to The Etihad
Five generations of blues,long may it continue!!

To be honest it was probably Maine Road !

Back in the early 70's , as a teenager , i lived midway between the two Manchester clubs and watched both ..... but Maine Road and Moss Side always felt much more of a 'home' to me than Old Trafford did .

About 1973 (ish) i cut United out altogether , and went to almost EVERY City game , home and away , for the next 25 years!

I can't remember supporting anybody else or making a conscious decision to support City. I have always liked sky blue and hate the colour red. It's just part of who I am, I'm a blue - best decision I never made! CTID

My dad took me to Maine Road in 1993, didn't know i was going.

He told me we were going out and he was getting a new snooker cue which seemed legit to me as a kid as he played the game all the time and infact needed a new cue haha ...and on the way home he would treat me to some ice-cream, so that swung it.

I was only 6, never looked back. Got a seasonticket in 1994 and that's where it all started!

(i didn't actually get any ice-cream in the end)

Freestyler said:
...and on the way home he would treat me to some ice-cream, so that swung it.

(i didn't actually get any ice-cream in the end)

Were we playin' Aston Vanilla?

Southern based Blue.
Grandfather went through the 1st WW with the then Chairman/Director. They became great mates and they stayed in touch thereafter. My father would tell me stories of going to many grounds as guests of City and I became hooked. Luckily that was in the 60's so I had some good times, then the bad and now the VERY good. Son is also a Blue and we both have ST's.
Been challenging at times being surrounded by Rags, Spuds, Chelsea and Arse fans but have had some of my best days ever following City and wouldn't change it or them for anything!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.