What got you supporting City?

Eastlands said:
In 1948 (I was eight) my brother took me to Maine Road and Frank Swift (Goal keeper) stayed in my mind. I Started going regular when I was 11/12 and Bert Trautman was my hero
I grew up in Bradford, Manchester (Now Eastlands) just behind the Queen Victoria (Now the Eastlands Bar)
Met my wife at a dance in Bradford Labour Club (Now MaryD's) where I got the No.53 football special bus to Maine Road
Me, my son and my grandson (15) are all have season cards
Glory hunter ;)

RobertFish said:
November 1994 made my first trip to England. Had a thing for Manchester, musically speaking, and my first visit included a trip to OT to see City V. Rags. Surrounded by Reds, a 5-0 thrashing, and I still took to City. Have followed since.

Respect

Eastlands said:
In 1948 (I was eight) my brother took me to Maine Road and Frank Swift (Goal keeper) stayed in my mind. I Started going regular when I was 11/12 and Bert Trautman was my hero
I grew up in Bradford, Manchester (Now Eastlands) just behind the Queen Victoria (Now the Eastlands Bar)
Met my wife at a dance in Bradford Labour Club (Now MaryD's) where I got the No.53 football special bus to Maine Road

I was raised in Bradford too , in the late fifties/60's .....

just opposite Philips park ..... the east stand car park stands on my house now !

i accidentally posted this in wrong thread earlier, few people must think im weird. anyway i grew up in Woodley and in the playground football was always blues vs reds fans. There were always more reds than blues (year approx 1985). I always go for the underdog and went blue! That's it for me, small child decision that has helped shape my life. I'm not an arrogant rag nob head like all the plastic rags I live among in south west Wales (oh and they hate the English, get your head around that??)

black mamba said:
Eastlands said:

just opposite Philips park ..... the east stand car park stands on my house now !
Ah! Phillips Park. Bottle of water and some jam butties - Heaven
Went to Bradford Memorial School and Queen Street (briefly)

Eastlands said:
black mamba said:
Eastlands said:

Ah! Phillips Park. Bottle of water and some jam butties - Heaven
Went to Bradford Memorial School and Queen Street (briefly)

I went to Queen street school too ...

so did jack Duckworth (Coro] and Frank Gallagher [shameless] at one stage !

My dad would disown me if I didnt support City, since the age of 5 my life has been taken over by a greater force, pathetic really

Early 1960,went with my Dad and his mate Charlie to a Central League game and stood in the Scoreboard End.Went to a couple of more games that season and then more often 60/61 season.61/62 went to my first full game,my Dad thought I was old enough by then(8)

Been on the rollercoaster ever since and will be till I go to the Kippax in the sky

Born and brought up in Salford, so probably would have been a Rag! However, when i first started to take an interest in football, my dad sat me down, and explained that, as he was a City player as a 16-17 year old, he would prefer it if i supported the blues!

Since then, the rest is history! I have also done the same with my two lads, explaining about their grandad, etc!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.