What has been your worst moment following our club?

agree with most that have been previously said but the 8-1 at Boro is one i have never let go of, still think we threw that game as a protest for Sven, losing 8-1 driving home and hearing on radio the rags had won the league

agree with most that have been previously said but the 8-1 at Boro is one i have never let go of, still think we threw that game as a protest for Sven, losing 8-1 driving home and hearing on radio the rags had won the league
Yeah that was a really low day, I remember thinking at the start of the season we had a real chance to be up near the top with the team we had and Sven as manager, maybe even get to go on a decent cup run. It all ended so badly, hard to think how amazing things are now when you look back just a few years!

I actually felt worse after the spurs game than I did the Wigan final. Funny that.
Strange one that Jimi. In 81 we were not expected to get past a very good Ipswich team in the semi but we did. Then onto to Wembley and it was 50/50 chance against spurs. We were the better team in the first game, and should of won. No idea what Tommy H was doing for their goal but we should of won in extra time anyway. For me we had missed our chance, and spurs would be a different proposition in the replay.
Wigan for me was worse. To find out on the day of a cup final that our manager who had transformed us into a trophy winning team was going to be sacked was shocking. It affected the team, and the fans. It was just what the Wigan team needed. However we still had a team more than capable of beating a wigan team struggling to survive in the Premier League. However the teams focus, and unity had been screwed. Even the team selection was flawed. I think the big guy who played in every round prior to the final would of saved the header that won the game.
As soon as the goal went in I stormed out of the ground to the tube station and headed to the Brae Louise. Unfortunately I forgot I was suppose to be meeting my mates in the Green Man.
On a lighter note I was one of the few City fans who didn't get soaked after the match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.