What has happened to this forum

wayne71 said:
80s Shorts said:
Over the last three or four weeks this site has become virtually unusable.

Frequent general errors, pages taking forever to load and very frequent "internet explorer cannot display the webpage".

Its very frustrating and I know that I am not the only one and it is not an issue with my equiptment or connection.

Are steps being taken to rectify the situation as I am on the verge of giving up on this forum which would be a shame.

I think you're in with a good chance of getting a refund.

I'd cancel the subscription d/d if I were you - that'l show 'em.

The Pink Panther said:
It's Ric and Damocles's fault. They never really have recovered after our semi final win

Are they still on that roundabout?

c3PJCKSytlL4ZST9J7ds5Qmn6gamesfree_ca_drunk.jpg

-- May 12th, '11, 21:48 --

It's Ric and Damocles's fault. They never really have recovered after our semi final win

Are they still on that roundabout?

c3PJCKSytlL4ZST9J7ds5Qmn6gamesfree_ca_drunk.jpg
wondered what them two looked like.Brilliant!

wayne71 said:
80s Shorts said:
Over the last three or four weeks this site has become virtually unusable.

Frequent general errors, pages taking forever to load and very frequent "internet explorer cannot display the webpage".

Its very frustrating and I know that I am not the only one and it is not an issue with my equiptment or connection.

Are steps being taken to rectify the situation as I am on the verge of giving up on this forum which would be a shame.

I think you're in with a good chance of getting a refund.

Im not slagging off anybody. Its just an observation. I believe this is supposed to be the no 1 City forum and yet it cannot handle less than 1000 users (in fact it struggles at half that). This situation will only get worse as the clubs profile and success increases. The simple fact is that the set up cannot handle the throughput and i was asking if it was going to be remedied.

Chances of this site working after the FA Cup... not good. :(<br /><br />-- Fri May 13, 2011 1:12 am --<br /><br />Chances of this site working after the FA Cup... not good. :(

Mostly happens around game time... when we lose especially, we get around a ridiculous 800 guests (rags wanting a laugh) at some of the threads.

I would be in favour of making the forum a must sign up to view.... spurs do it. Not sure it would go down well with everyone though.

There is obviously a problem with duplicate posts and threads too which just exacerbates the problem. I presume that is because things are running so slow that people are hitting the submit button numerous times.

Balti said:
is there a way to get rid of the annoying talking ads?
They go away when you log in.

-- Thu May 12, 2011 8:47 pm --

Balti said:
They go away when you log in.<br /><br />-- Thu May 12, 2011 8:48 pm --<br /><br />
Balti said:
They go away when you log in.

Either go to phbb.com and pay a professional who knows the software inside out,give him control panel and phpmyadmin access,and let him sort it,there are plenty of other phpbb forums that handle more traffic than this one. (Yes i know its not as simple as traffic alone,but 750 users plus and this site goes down,and with City about to enter the champions league,traffic is only going to increase)

Or just keep this forum,lock it down so no one can post and link it up as an archive view only board,buy vbulletin software,try to carry across the userbase,nothing else,no posts,just the userbase,if it won't transfer i am sure everyone won't mind signing up again.

Omg and you think women moan. Erm firstly it might be annoying that the site isn't working properly at the moment, but are you lot paying for it, no.

Phpbb don't hold it in high regard, but it does the job for Ric and the mods, unless you all decide you want to cough up monthly. Then they could move from Phpbb to a better forum software, and on to a bigger server? As for the free ads, err might be annoying but they have to make money some how.

Bunch of moaners

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.