What have they got up their sleeve?

bluenose45

I can't really understand the rationale behind allowing Negredo to leave, even though his wife couldn't settle in Manchester. We're stronger at the back and in midfield, following this window, but we're weaker in attack for the loss of Negredo. Our top rivals must be puzzled particularly as we didn't need to sell tomeet FFP. Our senior management team are not daft and so I can only conclude that they may have something up their sleeves for the January window? I only hope it doesn't involve the fat boy from across town who will struggle under Van Gaal.

bluenose45 said:
I only hope it doesn't involve the fat boy from across town who will struggle under Van Gaal.

As a a Club I doubt that we would choose something so vulgar and repulsive to be associated with Manchester City. Look across the playing staff - there is a common sense of decency and integrity, epitomised by the likes of Zab, Vinny and Sir Geo. We are way beyond the ugliness that Shrek would introduce.

karen7 said:
Nothing,they mucked up
lol

We wont be doing any major business in January. In the summer however we can go for a big target.

I still can't fathom that people don't understand how well we have done to get that deal for Negredo, Txiki should be lauded for it which thankfully he most likely is in the board room.

Our management have complied with FFP to the letter, this is my take on it only but it seems rather than have a squad member who isn't included in the CL squad they have effectively reduced the number of foreigners to 16 so no one misses out. On the face of it the squad appears weaker but last year we went the whole of the year with only three strikers, and with all the other injuries as well and manged to win two trophies. Negredo did not really play much part in that from December onwards. Given his injury would keep him out until October at the earliest it seems to me that we cashed in and made a profit.

So where does that leave us? In my opinion it means once the sanctions are removed we will be able next summer to have 17 foreigners in both squads again without the restrictions, furthermore with the money we have salted away from this window and maybe January as well it will give us a healthy amount of cash to go and spend in the market.

I have no doubt come November, as seems to be the case, our management will assess our squad and look for ways to improve.

Having a spare foreigner slot may allow us to buy someone like Reus, we may need to up our homegrown quota especially if Milner leaves, and I know that this year we looked at Barkley. What if next summer we signed

Reus, Barkley and say a Sterling (If the Dippers fail to meet top four).

I believe it give us room to re asses the squad and maybe change one or two things around without really weakening the squad we have at the minute, we still have Mangala to fit in the back four and very soon games will start to come thick and fast.

Not everyone will agree with me but that is my take on the overall plan.

CTID101 said:
karen7 said:
Nothing,they mucked up
lol

We wont be doing any major business in January. In the summer however we can go for a big target.

I still can't fathom that people don't understand how well we have done to get that deal for Negredo, Txiki should be lauded for it which thankfully he most likely is in the board room.

Seriously, if this is Txiki mucking up it's mouth watering to think what him playing a blinder would amount too.

Possibly along the lines of falcao coming in,negredo going to Valencia,we were probably told one thing by Mendez then when it became clear that it was going to cost far more than originally told,we pulled the plug.negredo's transfer or loan was further on so we just went with it instead of calling a halt... So in other words no nothing up their sleeve...

CTID101 said:
karen7 said:
Nothing,they mucked up
lol

I was half joking, but to be honest i don't concern myself with the finances etc,my focus is only on what happens on the pitch,i'm very much squad and perfomance only

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.