What have you done you are ashamed of

I've burnt someone's house when I was a teenager and I've told nobody. It was war time though and it was and still is unhabited, but I still feel bit guilty. We were hiding there to smoke cigarettes and I know I was the last one in that morning. I went down to the centre with soldiers who were stationed in my neighborhood to buy some booze when I heard some firefighters sirens going on. Looked up to my neighborhood and saw the smoke coming out. I was shit scared someone would realized it's me. Luckily it didn't. It helped it was just on the edge of the neighborhood and that room that was burnt was just opposite to the enemy forces across the river so everyone probably thought some bullet triggered the fire.

Let me get this right. You went for a smoke in a building where the bad guys were able to shoot at with bullets and rpgs, maybe even lob a grenade or two at? Smoking could have killed you very quickly indeed.

Let me get this right. You went for a smoke in a building where the bad guys were able to shoot at with bullets and rpgs, maybe even lob a grenade or two at? Smoking could have killed you very quickly indeed.

Haha. It wasn't really THAT dangerous, I think they still couldn't see us from other side because of the terrain configuration, but it was dangerous. It was dangerous in whole neighborhood, as it was on the edge of the city from several sides and our bunkers were 50-100m away from our houses, so being at that particular place added just little bit of dangerousness. Shelling was much more dangerous than gunfire too, so in that part it was almost same wherever you were in that area

And it was still less dangerous than my dad finding out I was smoking :D

PS. Found a pic. This is our bunker and the hill he is looking at was enemy post. The house I was talking about is maybe 50-100m behind soldiers back and bit below of that bunker. It's close and theoretically possible but you would still need to be unlucky fucker to get killed by a gunfire at that house from there.

nuncijata-7.jpg

Here is even better one. That house we were smoking in is just below that tree in the middle that blocks the sea view.

nuncijata-1.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.