What if Tevez says he wants to stay?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Josh Blue said:
Not at all. It just recognises the colourful and interesting trajectory that our club has continued to take. We have always courted controversy in a way that I believe no other club can emulate. Since the takeover that narrative has merely continued. I expect you thought my comments about Villa and Everton were related to our current places in the league. Nothing could be further from the truth. It was about how lucky we are to have had, and continue to have, a fascinating club, with a fascinating past which is still providing high drama. Sorry if that's a bit arrogant and raggy for you.
It's arrogant and raggy to assume it's boring for people to support Villa and Everton when both clubs have a great history and big fan base. They have had some very exciting times through the seasons, Everton are on the verge of reaching a Wembley semi final vs Liverpool in the FA cup. Just didnt like this bit "How boring must it be to support a club like Everton or Villa?" ......Rags were saying the same to me under Pearce.
Well, enlighten me. Compared to supporting City over the last 30 years given where we've been and where we are going how would you describe supporting a club like Villa or Everton? You. Nobody else.

Well both teams having cup finals, Villa winning two league cups, relegation battles, Everton somehow managing to get 4th place ahead of Liverpool. Pretty sure Everton won two FA Cups in this 30 years, they might of even won the league i'll have to check.

Ofcourse the City rollercoaster has been great and unique but come on mate you are coming across quite ignorant saying it must of been boring supporting them two clubs?????

Josh Blue said:
Josh Blue said:
It's arrogant and raggy to assume it's boring for people to support Villa and Everton when both clubs have a great history and big fan base. They have had some very exciting times through the seasons, Everton are on the verge of reaching a Wembley semi final vs Liverpool in the FA cup. Just didnt like this bit "How boring must it be to support a club like Everton or Villa?" ......Rags were saying the same to me under Pearce.
Well, enlighten me. Compared to supporting City over the last 30 years given where we've been and where we are going how would you describe supporting a club like Villa or Everton? You. Nobody else.

Well both teams having cup finals, Villa winning two league cups, relegation battles, Everton somehow managing to get 4th place ahead of Liverpool. Pretty sure Everton won two FA Cups in this 30 years, they might of even won the league i'll have to check.

Ofcourse the City rollercoaster has been great and unique but come on mate you are coming across quite ignorant saying it must of been boring supporting them two clubs?????
I note that you have conspicuously failed to answer my question by providing a description of their experience compared to ours, which is ultimately all I was doing in my original post.

I repeat, supporting City doesn't give me an inflated sense of my own value to the world, just a sense of gratitude at being lucky enough to follow a club which in spite of all its flaws, and apart from when Pearce was in charge, has never proved to be anything else other than "interesting".

You may love City in spite of its history, but I love this club because of it. Because it has a heart and sole that makes it unique. On that basis it would have been boring supporting those two clubs.

At least to me.

Josh Blue said:
Well both teams having cup finals, Villa winning two league cups, relegation battles, Everton somehow managing to get 4th place ahead of Liverpool. Pretty sure Everton won two FA Cups in this 30 years, they might of even won the league i'll have to check. Ofcourse the City rollercoaster has been great and unique but come on mate you are coming across quite ignorant saying it must of been boring supporting them two clubs?????
I note that you have conspicuously failed to answer my question by providing a description of their experience compared to ours, which is ultimately all I was doing in my original post. I repeat, supporting City doesn't give me an inflated sense of my own value to the world, just a sense of gratitude at being lucky enough to follow a club which in spite of all its flaws, and apart from when Pearce was in charge, has never proved to be anything else other than "interesting". You may love City in spite of its history, but I love this club because of it. Because it has a heart and sole that makes it unique. On that basis it would have been boring supporting those two clubs. At least to me.

hmmmmmmm well I didnt really fail to answer the question, I was getting at the fact they have had an exciting 30 years or so and that they aren't BORING clubs to support.

Btw I don't love city in spite of it's history.. I also love City BECAUSE of it's history, it's part of who I am.

I just hoped you might recognise how your comment may come across something an arrogant utd fan would say (has said).

Josh Blue said:
Josh Blue said:
Well both teams having cup finals, Villa winning two league cups, relegation battles, Everton somehow managing to get 4th place ahead of Liverpool. Pretty sure Everton won two FA Cups in this 30 years, they might of even won the league i'll have to check. Ofcourse the City rollercoaster has been great and unique but come on mate you are coming across quite ignorant saying it must of been boring supporting them two clubs?????
I note that you have conspicuously failed to answer my question by providing a description of their experience compared to ours, which is ultimately all I was doing in my original post. I repeat, supporting City doesn't give me an inflated sense of my own value to the world, just a sense of gratitude at being lucky enough to follow a club which in spite of all its flaws, and apart from when Pearce was in charge, has never proved to be anything else other than "interesting". You may love City in spite of its history, but I love this club because of it. Because it has a heart and sole that makes it unique. On that basis it would have been boring supporting those two clubs. At least to me.

hmmmmmmm well I didnt really fail to answer the question, I was getting at the fact they have had an exciting 30 years or so and that they aren't BORING clubs to support.

Btw I don't love city in spite of it's history.. I also love City BECAUSE of it's history, it's part of who I am.

I just hoped you might recognise how your comment may come across something an arrogant utd fan would say (has said).

I consciously asked you to describe supporting a club like Everton or Villa over the last 30 years. You did not do that. You merely gave me a potted history of their achievements over that period.

So once again I ask you, in your words, to describe being an Everton or Villa fan in over the last 30 years compared to City.

More interesting or colourful? Because if not, my original point still stands. Arrogant or not.

If he helps us win the title and we can't find an acceptable price, welcome back Carlos.

We'll look like bigger mugs for selling him to Milan for 10m than keeping him.

Don't think this will happen though.

Josh Blue said:
hmmmmmmm well I didnt really fail to answer the question, I was getting at the fact they have had an exciting 30 years or so and that they aren't BORING clubs to support. Btw I don't love city in spite of it's history.. I also love City BECAUSE of it's history, it's part of who I am. I just hoped you might recognise how your comment may come across something an arrogant utd fan would say (has said).
I consciously asked you to describe supporting a club like Everton or Villa over the last 30 years. You did not do that. You merely gave me a potted history of their achievements over that period. So once again I ask you, in your words, to describe being an Everton or Villa fan in over the last 30 years compared to City. More interesting or colourful? Because if not, my original point still stands. Arrogant or not.

Well you would have to ask an Everton or Villa fan because I wouldnt know, I cant compare as I have only supported City.

I imagine they have had an exciting thirty years not boring, which is what you said.

How boring must it be to support a club like Everton or Villa?

Thats a direct quote of what you said, and I disagree they have had a very exciting time with cup wins, relegations battles, champions league etc.

Josh Blue said:
Josh Blue said:
hmmmmmmm well I didnt really fail to answer the question, I was getting at the fact they have had an exciting 30 years or so and that they aren't BORING clubs to support. Btw I don't love city in spite of it's history.. I also love City BECAUSE of it's history, it's part of who I am. I just hoped you might recognise how your comment may come across something an arrogant utd fan would say (has said).
I consciously asked you to describe supporting a club like Everton or Villa over the last 30 years. You did not do that. You merely gave me a potted history of their achievements over that period. So once again I ask you, in your words, to describe being an Everton or Villa fan in over the last 30 years compared to City. More interesting or colourful? Because if not, my original point still stands. Arrogant or not.

Well you would have to ask an Everton or Villa fan because I wouldnt know, I cant compare as I have only supported City.

I imagine they have had an exciting thirty years not boring, which is what you said.

Thats a direct quote of what you said, and I disagree they have had a very exciting time with cup wins, relegations battles, champions league etc.

Well I stand by what I said because in spite of their cup wins etc.. from my perspective as a City fan, it has been boring compared to the roller coaster that is Manchester City.

Perhaps you are confusing moderate and respectable success with a football club that went down to the third tier of English football, nearly went out of business and is now, thirteen years later, toe to toe with their local (ish) rivals for the Premier League title.

To me, any other club's recent history is boring by comparison, even united's.

Or is that a bit "raggy" for you?

Josh Blue said:

Well I stand by what I said because in spite of their cup wins etc.. from my perspective as a City fan, it has been boring compared to the roller coaster that is Manchester City.

Perhaps you are confusing moderate and respectable success with a football club that went down to the third tier of English football, nearly went out of business and is now, thirteen years later, toe to toe with their local (ish) rivals for the Premier League title.

To me, any other club's recent history is boring by comparison, even united's.

Or is that a bit "raggy" for you?

You're coming across as a bit of a prick to be honest. How would he, and you for that matter, know what it's like to be a Villa or Everton fan? You wouldn't. Each fan of every club must find it exciting to support that club, otherwise why would they bother? As with every emotion, excitment is dependent upon and relative to the person experiencing it. See a div 3 playoff final (99) v a fa cup final (11). Who experienced the better time?

Wind your neck in you mongified cockwomble. You are the type of 'fan' that makes us all out to be clueless idiots.

Gotta be boring supporting Everton. All they ever talk about is how shit are Moyes's tactics and how poor is Kenwright.

City is a circus by comparison to most clubs. Hell Balotelli by himself is a circus.

Josh Blue said:
TBH nothing would surprise me in the enduring soap opera that is Manchester City.

Abit arrogant and raggy mate
Not raggish in the slightest,

Comparing the fortunes of City and Everton or Villa in rollercoaster terms is like comparing The Big One to hook a duck.

But I know I've loved every minute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.