What if Tevez says he wants to stay?

colourmeblue said:
themadinventor said:
colourmeblue said:
Heres another thing....if you caught your wife in bed with your best mate and after that she took a 'sabbatical' for a few months then came back and slagged you off all round town would you console yourself with the fact that she said sorry?

Yes your right that is another thing.....a completely different thing to the subject we are discussing, to compare the relationship with your wife/girlfriend etc to how you support your chosen football team is ludicrous , football is a business, one that we(the fans) are all passionate about maybe but it's still a business, your vague attempt at a comparison is funny at best and sad at worst, grow up and get a life , it's football.
so football is a business and we shouldnt liken it to something we have personal feelings about yet were allowed to be passionate about it? I'm confused.
I don't doubt that for a minute, It's a business to those that are involved in it, but to us fans it's a hobby something we do in our spare time, something we follow, but as Ive said already to compare what CT has done to your wife cheating etc is ......well just nuts, you and others no doubt take it all far too much to heart, do you really think they give a damn what we think ?? really, because if they did there would be better food at the stadium and a smoking area and many other things , when is the last time a city player went for a drink with any one of us........answer is they don't because it's a job to them and they don't care what we think.

He fucked up. He's been ridiculed. He's been fined circa £10m. He said sorry. We haven't given him a new contract. He's back at the club.
There's nothing else to say.
If you want a team full of players who love the club as much as the fans then you need to build a time machine

i think he may well stay. think about it someone will have to pay 25 mil to sign him pay 200k a week wages and his history says he only stays a couple of seasons so the likes of Milan and Real wont take that gamble. which leaves the Russian and Chinese clubs with money to waste but no status in the game or Paris St germain and their about 2 years behind use in their project ( but with a better flight path to Argentina) so staying and rebuilding his reputation and bank balance may be the best option for him

Tevez is poison. Even if he changes his mind and wants to stay at City, I'd move him. It's just a matter of time before he's upset once more and as soon as that happens he'll start badmouthing Mancini and the club behind closed doors: he'll destroy team solidarity.

Tevez is a phenominal talent and he just may win us the title this year. But if we can get a reasonable price for him, I'd sell him in a heartbeat.

themadinventor said:
colourmeblue said:
themadinventor said:
Yes your right that is another thing.....a completely different thing to the subject we are discussing, to compare the relationship with your wife/girlfriend etc to how you support your chosen football team is ludicrous , football is a business, one that we(the fans) are all passionate about maybe but it's still a business, your vague attempt at a comparison is funny at best and sad at worst, grow up and get a life , it's football.
so football is a business and we shouldnt liken it to something we have personal feelings about yet were allowed to be passionate about it? I'm confused.
I don't doubt that for a minute, It's a business to those that are involved in it, but to us fans it's a hobby something we do in our spare time, something we follow, but as Ive said already to compare what CT has done to your wife cheating etc is ......well just nuts, you and others no doubt take it all far too much to heart, do you really think they give a damn what we think ?? really, because if they did there would be better food at the stadium and a smoking area and many other things , when is the last time a city player went for a drink with any one of us........answer is they don't because it's a job to them and they don't care what we think.
Nuts eh?...I've spent 40 years supporting this club. I have memories that will stay with me till the day I die. I've met many good friends through supporting City. It has taken me places I would never have been if it didnt exist. Its been the bane of my life at times and the only beacon of light at others. Aside from the hard earned money I've spent the emotional investment is incomparable outside anything apart from my family. Forgive me for taking it too much to heart.

Maybe you would like to speak to Joe Hart and tell him he doesnt feel an emotional bind to the club that goes futher than picking up a paycheck...how about Micah? I would love to see how that conversation goes. The fact that City have afforded them opportunities beyond their wildest dreams and there is no doubt in my mind that they are appreciative of the fact that us as fans make it all possible.

I truly feel sorry for you if your only concern is that your 'matchday experience' isnt up to your personal liking. Personally I couldnt give a flying fuck if they only served pork scratchings and let us get on with it. I get the feeling that youre missing out and its not entirely as a result of not being arrogant enough.

colourmeblue said:
BluePurgatory said:
colourmeblue said:
At the very least he has principles (DB that is not herman) Were already walking a fine line in terms of setting precendents for the club which could have far reaching consequences for us in the future. As far as I'm concerned it isnt retrievable although he must show a lot more humility and make it blatantly obvious that he wishes to make amends for HIS transgressions. He's quite a way from doing that just yet...goals to help us win the league alone wont cut it for me.

Amazing never realised how many on this board had so called principles. I presume all these moralist stop supporting the club when Shinawarta bought the club??? and comparing what Tevez has done to sleeping with you wife!!! It must have really hurt when Tevez made the killer pass for the goal that won us the game the other night. By your logic we didnt derserve to win that game.

You'll be surprised to know then that the vast majority of City fans have principles...its sets us apart from the rags.

What Shinawatra (allegedly) has done outside of the club is of little or no concern or consequence to me. What Tevez did (and continues to do) affects the running of MCFC and as a result I take it personally, hence the analogy.

I've already said scoring goals isnt enough for me to make amends and because of the dangerous precedent it may set for the club I believe its not good enough for City either... are you happy enough to open the door for any prima donna to come along and dictate terms to the club?

If you want to talk about logic maybe you'd like to consider the price of selling your soul...doesnt seem too logical to me.

Then judging by that the majority of blues who actually went to the game last week have in your words sold their soul as there was no mass booing, walkouts, placards etc and the little blue holding up the welcome sign should be dammed for the rest of eternity. Hate is a waste of emotion and I feel sorry for you as you and your so called principles are going to make you feel very uncomfortable by the end of the season. My only principle is wanting the best for my team.

Life is to short to worry about such things, the player has apologised if he stays he is honouring his contract if he goes we will get a market value transfer fee and use it to bring in another quality player (hopefully without the baggage).

I have moved on, the only thing I want is for the club to be as sucessful as it can after all the years in the wilderness, we will be in the Champions League and the whole adventure regarding the prem league will start again. I for one am looking forward to it irrespective of the outcome of this campaign.

He won't stay. It's obvious that he won't. He came back for the simple reasons of getting his value up and the bonus was that City fans wouldn't hate him as much as they did. Aguero,Balotelli are the only 2 strikers guaranteed to be with us next season.

I want Aguero,Balotelli,Guidetti and (Squad striker)

Then judging by that the majority of blues who actually went to the game last week have in your words sold their soul as there was no mass booing, walkouts, placards etc and the little blue holding up the welcome sign should be dammed for the rest of eternity. Hate is a waste of emotion and I feel sorry for you as you and your so called principles are going to make you feel very uncomfortable by the end of the season. My only principle is wanting the best for my team

Maybe the little blue holding up the placard didnt consider how Tevez' actions could affect us in the future. It wouldnt exactly fill me with glee to point this fact out to him. Maybe you should consider who made us so divisive in the first place.

Cant remember saying I hate Tevez.

If principles arent adhered to you court anarchy. I want the same as you for the club, I just question the methods you suggest to achieve it.

I despise what Carlos did , and i'm suspicious of his motives for returning ..... a month or so ago he didn't give a rats arse whether he ever saw Manchester again .

It would appear that Maradona sweet-talked him into returning , telling him he that 'needed to be playing' again ......

but he's apologised , and even though he either looked disinterested or extremely nervous the other night , i can't really work out which , he's now back in a sky blue shirt attempting to help both our , and his , cause .... so i'll give him my support.

It's to the credit of City fans that nobody gave him 'stick' the other night .... and heaven knows we were entitled to .... but it wouldn't have done either City , Tevez , or the clubs supporters any good.

if he decides to stay , however unlikely that may seem , i'll be happy enough ..... at the end of the day Carlos Tevez is argueably THE best striker that we've ever had , a genuine world class talent , and whatever else can be levelled at him , that point has never really been in question.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.