Sporting events potentially cancelled because of Covid-19 outbreak?

If that happens we would have more things to worry about than football
We all know this is more than to do with football, Gordy, the title is really tongue in cheek, and I agree totally with you.

Many people including those in my own family are now or maybe indirectly affected by the ongoing situation. My daughter is currently studying in Italy around 100 miles areas currently quarantined and she like many is worried. Her Uni, only this morning said those students from different countries could return home if they wished!!! We as a family due are to go over and see here in two weeks to celebrate her 21st, this may or may not now happen due to the Italian government, flight operators or others suspending services or restricting them. Everything is up in the air, so to speak, but if games in Italy are cancelled I think we can be sure other countries will do the same and even the CL games will then be affected....as you say it’s more than just football..

Would say more than a fifty percent chance in the coming weeks for cancellation of sporting events in this country as well as lock down of many areas .

The whole information about this virus is bizarre. All we have is it's similar to flu and wash your hands. Well it's winter and colds and flu abound, how the hell would anyone know the difference?

We are also told not to panic and then see parts of Italy on lockdown and armed soldiers on the streets.

Are the Italian teams not playing Eoropean ties as well.
Massive overreaction.

Over-reaction? Let's see what happens as the disease spreads and the death toll rises.

The Italian announcement yesterday changed from calling it a 'Virus' to calling it a 'Disease'

The Italian announcement yesterday changed from calling it a 'Virus' to calling it a 'Disease'
What else would you call it
5af494909ec86726008b469c

World has gone fucking mad.

To 99.99% of us its a heavy cold yet you would think its the bubonic fucking plague going around.

To 99.99% of us its a heavy cold yet you would think its the bubonic fucking plague going around.
That percentage is a little high.The Black Death killed around 100 million - I suppose 30 million from Covid 19 would be small potatoes, less than half the Spanish Flu pandemic mortalities in 1918.

Last edited:

The cynic in me says that the fear from governments is largely an economic/financial one as the amount of working days lost (likely even bigger owing to the added strain on healthcare provision) because of a genuine pandemic of this nature could trigger another major global recession.

That percentage is a little high.The Black Death killed around 100 million - I suppose 30 million from Covid2 would be small potatoes, less than half the Spanish Flu pandemic mortalities in 1918.

This isn't the black death though mate its the flu for those already at the end of life or severely ill and to the rest of us its a bad cold/bug we will get over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.