What is Manchester to you?

raised in Cheadle Hulme , now live in heald green ,don't class myself as a manc, that's a bit common, I live in the heart of the Cheshire countryside :)

us to love town for shopping and nights out.

Mancunian born and bred. Born at Withington hospital that was and have lived in South Manchester all my life except for 9 years living near Portsmouth.

Could not imagine living anywhere else

Mancunian born and bred. Born at Withington hospital that was and have lived in South Manchester all my life except for 9 years living near Portsmouth.

Could not imagine living anywhere else

Other than near Portsmouth ;-)

Ah right, that makes sense. I guess the ones who claim people feel Salfordian are generally from the Heights and Langworthy. I lived in Eccles for a while (Monton, Russell Street in Eccles and Snowdon Rd). Most people in those areas tended to state they lived in Manchester rather than Salford.
Wow. I know people who lived on all those streets.

You lot get far too hung up on postcodes, cities expand, people move out a few miles for god sake.
For such a major British city, you aren't half insular at times, the scousers are the same with all their 'wool' carry on.
You're basically a Mancunian if you live in the region and wish to be seen as such, no yonner accent is permissable however.

Wow. I know people who lived on all those streets.

On Russell St we lived in the house facing Andy Crane's parents. I lived around 10 houses from Billy Garton's (ex Utd) place on Snowdon Rd. Also lived in Monton Mill Gardens for a few months in a shared house.

You lot get far too hung up on postcodes, cities expand, people move out a few miles for god sake.
For such a major British city, you aren't half insular at times, the scousers are the same with all their 'wool' carry on.
You're basically a Mancunian if you live in the region and wish to be seen as such, no yonner accent is permissable however.

I'd agree with this, if your postcode is a Greater Manchester one I.e. M or SK then you're practically a Manc or at least feel like one.

Even though I'm not technically from Manchester, more Stockport and the High Peak, I'd defend it against anyone slagging it off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.