What is Manchester to you?

Born in the MRI in 1955,lived in Rusholme,at the back of where Curry Mile is today.Went to Heald Place primary school and then to Burnage High .
The houses were knocked down by the council in 1974 and then moved to Fallowfield.

Even though I eventually ended up in lobby gobbler land(Leigh) I am and always will be a Mancunian and very proud of that fact.

A city in England which has crap weather, not much sunlight, but the greatest football team in the world

Salford are staunchly Salford and very much dislike being referred to as Manc in my experience.

I have met plenty who are like that. No doubt about it. However, a substantial number of those in Worsley and Swinton, in my experience, regard themselves as Manc. Not sure why. Some probably think Salford is below them. Two-bit millionaires.

That's based on living in Salford for a while, including school for a year or so and watching Salford Reds home and away for a few years.

The way we came in (via Colne) the areas I remember seeing are Blackley. Collyhurst, Harpurhey, Ancoats. On the way back Newton Heath and Moston I think.

You, probably came in M66, Rochdale rd and left via Oldham rd, Failsworth..

Those are my areas, my history, my memories. How dare you call them shabby sir!

They are run down, lacking economic regeneration, have subsistence facilities, Zilch future planning, shabby never.

Manchester is North, South, and City centre.
Born and bred in Blackley, I had 20 years to escape, and return only for City and to reminisce. The centre is World class, some of the South is posh, and the North is as it was when I was a kid ,only more so, it is all Manchester.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.