What is Manchester to you?

My Dad was from Collyhurst, my Mum was from Crumpsall. They both ended up living on the same street in Newton Heath (backing onto Ten Acres).
I was born in Ancoats hospital (where my Mum worked) and they bought their first house in Hollinwood shortly after. When I was five we moved to Failsworth.
When I was 15 we moved to Toronto Canada. Been here for 38 years and I consider myself a Mancunian.
Proper manc if you were born in Ancoats mate

Manchester, is town and home to me. Am a Manc by most modern definitions. Crumpsall Hospital born, Grew up Miles Platting, Cheetham Hill and Fairy Lane/Ramsgate estate in the shadow of Strangeways. Remember watching the riots as a kid. Now exiled Darn Sarf and go up to town a few times a year to see family, mates and City.

Born in the terrace houses of Hulme, moved up market to Moss Side when they pulled them down in 58. 10 minute walk to Maine Road, heaven. Always class myself as Mancunian and not Manc (is that being posh?). Now live in the flat lands of Lincolnshire but try to find any opportunity to go back 'home' besides going to the games. Going back for the weekend of the 7th. Wife is from Salford so not a real one just married to a real one as I keep reminding her.

I used to feel a little apprehensive going to meetings/interviews or lecturing, I possess an extremely broad Mancunian accent, however, I genuinely couldn't give a fuck anymore, I dont measure myself on anyone, I find it keeps me grounded and that little bit of edge goes a long way....

I was at the old vic on Saturday for woyzeck, managed to have a natter with Chris Boyega following the show as my mate was in the play, anyway, he told me how 'Mancunian' I was to which I replied after a few sherbets 'at least I'm not a fat **** from Peckham'... new BFF (:

I'm more proud of being a Manc than I am of being English. I'm from what many would consider the dark side, Stretford (well Lostock to be precise), but I feel incredibly proud of this city and it means a lot to me.

I've got a general theory that the further north you go in England the sounder people become. Relatively stand by that.

I used to feel a little apprehensive going to meetings/interviews or lecturing, I possess an extremely broad Mancunian accent, however, I genuinely couldn't give a fuck anymore, I dont measure myself on anyone, I find it keeps me grounded and that little bit of edge goes a long way....

I was at the old vic on Saturday for woyzeck, managed to have a natter with Chris Boyega following the show as my mate was in the play, anyway, he told me how 'Mancunian' I was to which I replied after a few sherbets 'at least I'm not a fat **** from Peckham'... new BFF (:

Chris or John is that Zin? ;)

I am a manc, born and grew up in Gorton around where City were born. Born into a City only family around the time we last won the league.... Moved to Wythenshawe later on but it was shit.

I live in Cheshire now and apparently you can take the man out of Manchester but not Manchester out of the man - my boss told me. He can fuck off tbh

I live in Stockport and travel about abit with work. Called to make an appointment by phone to a job in Runcorn,as soon as we got there and started chatting straight away was told we knew you were a manc, not really seen myself as one ,more greater Manchester,but when I'm on holiday I always say Manchester it's just easier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.