What is our strategy re youth players and loans

Pingu the Penguin

Unal has had to move on as his loan this year. Zuculini was the same last year. Guidetti did well in Holland and was never seen again. And now Roberts goes to Celtic.

What's the strategy - we've targetted quality young players but (nacho aside) none of them seem to break through (...yet).

Shouldn't we be keeping this talent in the CFA and indoctrinating them into the City way rather than letting them go out?

Unal has had to move on as his loan this year. Zuculini was the same last year. Guidetti did well in Holland and was never seen again. And now Roberts goes to Celtic.

What's the strategy - we've targetted quality young players but (nacho aside) none of them seem to break through (...yet).

Shouldn't we be keeping this talent in the CFA and indoctrinating them into the City way rather than letting them go out?

You think Playing its better playing youth games instead of competitive football?
You think they would be sent out if they were good enough?

Has Zuculini been dominating in the Championship? Has Guidetti proved us all wrong becoming a top class striker? Etc etc.

If and when they're good enough for MCFC, they will start making regular appearances. Chill out, wait and see

Problem is the step up from U21'S/EDS to the senior team, some players are exceptional and are able to bridge this gap through cameo appearances leading to first team starts (Iheanacho). Most need game time against men to be able to bridge this gap as U21's isn't competitive enough. In regards to loans, I think we loan players to the best possible team that will give them game time. The problem with this is, most teams don't play football the way we do, so thats the downside. As fans we really want to see youth players break into our team and sometimes we think they're good enough when they're actually not, add to that they're competing with world class players for a spot in the first 18 and that makes it even harder.

It works with teams like Tottenham because they can afford to take risks until they pay off but to do so they have gone through so many frustrating years before finally getting it right, we can't afford to because we need to win trophies every year. So for a team like us its about patience and taking your opportunities in the 'easier' games like Kelechi today.

You think Playing its better playing youth games instead of competitive football?

Has Zuculini been dominating in the Championship? Has Guidetti proved us all wrong becoming a top class striker? Etc etc.

If and when they're good enough for MCFC, they will start making regular appearances. Chill out, wait and see

Heh! I'm chillled...I was just asking what the strategy is?

Playing in a set way in house, being managed fitness wise and training wise directly by our coaches, etc, may well be a better option that loaning out?

John Guidetti was never heard of again because he ate some bad chicken, got a virus and nearly had to have his leg amputated. He was bedridden for nearly a year.

Unfortunately that tends to have a detrimental effect on a 20 year old, but he's starting to salvage a career at Celta Vigo now, things are going well for him.

Unäl had to go on loan because we couldn't get him a work permit - remember we spent a year getting Kalechi one too.

I think they'd have put him in the EDS of possible, but the Belgian league is a decent enough one to start him off and unfortunately it didn't work out for him, but he should play at NEC.

Zuculini was always a weird move, too old for EDS and obviously not ready for the first team and there was no space for him anyway, but I think his problem was the fact he convinced someone to let him pick his own loan club (Valencia, where he had friends from Argentina) and then just after that Valencia got taken over and spent 50m on midfielders.

I don't think guidetti belongs in this conversation because he was an academy product, but of the 3 young very players we've signed who didn't immediately go to the academy or first team, 1 has been an outstanding success, the other a failure, and the third too soon to tell.

People used to say this about Suarez.

"Is he setting the world alight at Sevilla?"

Now he plays for Barcelona.

People used to say this about Suarez.

"Is he setting the world alight at Sevilla?"

Now he plays for Barcelona.

Signed for Villarreal now, watched him play tonight had a pretty decent games. He's one player I think we could have done more with.

I was going include Lopes in this conversation too but we got a good price and had just bought De Bruyne, Sterling and Roberts so he was always going to struggle to get a game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.