What is the business model behind City Football Group?

I can't answer as I don't know enough about it. But what I do know is whatever the reasons you can take City out of the equation. As far as I know it's a concept Soriano had originally when he was at Barca so whatever the reasons it's something that could apply to any club, just so happens it's us.
One things for sure there will be very good reasons, and when the rest catch on we'll be 15-20 rears ahead.
I read once that Soriano fell out with the hierarchy at Barca because they wouldn't entertain his idea to expand into North America.
Perhaps the boys from Abu Dhabi got wind of it and approached him.
I presume the story will come out eventually

I read once that Soriano fell out with the hierarchy at Barca because they wouldn't entertain his idea to expand into North America.
Perhaps the boys from Abu Dhabi got wind of it and approached him.
I presume the story will come out eventually
I believe our owner is/was an RM supporter but his business acumen is second to none.
In previous decades football allowed rich individuals to own a Club and get cash easily. This developed into them cash cows needing little investment.
Our owner wanted to invest rather than buy a mature Club, fear sets in and FFP was born.

The football clubs are branded in the name of City although I am sure that the finance may come from Sheikh Mansour.

Beyond the UAE Tourism videos, I don't see UAE being drummed into City fans. We know who Sheikh mansour is and where he is from but I see the club as his project not Abu Dhabis. In fact I am aware of Abu Dhabi Sheikks trying to buy other football clubs.
The City "project" is 100% an Abu Dhabi project now. Khaldoon simply wouldn't be involved otherwise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.