What is the point of the officials behind the goal?

PSmyth07 said:
They should be banned for loitering.
73683-bigthumbnail.jpg

I prefer the term 'malicious lingering'

big blueballs said:
Nothing they don't give any decisions from what I have seen, just blatter and his cronies feeble attempts to try and prove we don't need goal line technology as we have more officials, more eyes, more seen, the thing is these guys never do anything and if and when there is a controversial decision to be sorted, a pound to a penny it is made by the referee even if one of these guys is in a better position to make judgement

Can't remember which games they were but one of them gave a penalty and one advised the ref that a player had dived which resulted in a free kick and said player being booked. One of them could've possibly been a liverpool game but I'm not sure. They must have some authority, most just choose not to use it.

Until last night I'd actually wondered who these extra officials were - they always seem reluctant to do anything as if they were some sort of inferior beings. But no, they are top level officials - last night at Inter, Martin Atkinson was reffing and the goal line assistants were Lee Mason & Mike Jones.

A nice little trip to Italy for them where they're basically required to do sweet FA

MCFC BOB said:
Bigga said:
They are there specifically for goal line incidents.

Waste of money and time, if you ask me.
Their only positive is that they're keeping goal-line technology away.

This is Blatter's only reason for having them. They don't want technology because their tiny minds cannot grasp where it might go, and they think that the minute you install video evidence as part of the Laws of the Game, each match will take four or five hours to complete.

Never has 'spare nodger on a honeymoon' been more appropriate than when these extra officials appear. The biggest waste of time is bothering to get kitted out.

It's been well-recorded that the biggest mistakes in arbitrating a game are human ones, and FIFArce do the sensible thing and add a few more humans to the mix.

Bigga said:
They are there specifically for goal line incidents.

Waste of money and time, if you ask me.

that is not all they are there to do, sure they can/will help judge if a ball has crossed the line but they have powers to inform the referee of any infrindgement they see anywhere on the pitch, although his main area will be focussed on incedents around his half of the penalty area up to the touch line

they do a lot more than you see them doing as they only communicate with the ref, not the crowd (as in they have no signals).

sirtaki said:
It looks like he fouled the Utd player first on the replay....

Errrm no it does not! Ramires' first touch was immaculate. Its probably the worse penilty decision in the history of the game imo. Stone wall.

its a problem with officials all over english football aswell as european, the officials have no power. week after week i sit at eastlands, and see offences commited right infront of linemen and them give nothing until the referee gives it. even more frightening lately, has been linemen waiting for the referees opinion on which way a throw in should go, that has happened right infront of them. its fucking ludicrous. from the outside looking in, it seems that the referees want to be responsible for all big decisions in a game, and so pressure the linesmen not to give anything in the game without their say

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.