What kind of solutions are there for simulation?

taconinja

Other than cards since referees seemingly refuse to give those.

My personal solution would be an imposed three minutes absence if the referee has to stop the game for treatment. You go off the pitch and are restricted for three minutes once the referee restarts the action. Then the fourth official can let you back on once the three minutes are up. I think that would go a long ways towards ending that little abuse.

Viva Rivaldo said:
Retrospective bans.
Isn't that a bit... much? And it's a bit murky. Sometimes you get a stinger and it only hurts for a couple minutes. Dropping down to ten men for a few minutes I think might be a deterrent since it's possible that retrospective bans would be able to be abused in a similar to getting purposeful yellows to sit out less dangerous and less meaningful matches to clear the slate.

taconinja said:
Viva Rivaldo said:
Retrospective bans.
Isn't that a bit... much? And it's a bit murky. Sometimes you get a stinger and it only hurts for a couple minutes. Dropping down to ten men for a few minutes I think might be a deterrent since it's possible that retrospective bans would be able to be abused in a similar to getting purposeful yellows to sit out less dangerous and less meaningful matches to clear the slate.
Referees have enough time making split second decisions as it is; and making a decision of that magnitude would not be easy. The thing with retrospective punishment, is that it is all based around video technology - which is something that would need incorporating in real-time scenarios if your suggestion (which, to be fair, isn't a bad one) was to be enforced.

It's a good point you make about the tactical abuse of retrospective bans though; you'd have to implement it differently so that it did not clash with yellow card tallies. We'd need a whole new system of cards for divers...perhaps a score of 1-10 by a panel of judges, with particularly high marks given for flair, technique, and elevation? Seems strangely appropriate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.