What make of dog for a beginner?

Sounds like you are doing your best to keep him healthy and he doesn't have the Franny Lee bod that some old labs get.
No. He's still within recommended weight range. They do need to be watched. They'd never stop eating if you let them.

Ok I'll stop now, last one.
His actual passport photo.

We have a pug, he’s called shrek.
He is fucking batshit crazy, goes fucking mental when we leave the house, goes fucking mental when there’s a knock on the door, fucking barks like fuck at the birds in the garden, barks at the telly, stubborn as fuck when it’s walk time, fucker sleeps on my side of the bed & he’s a greedy little shit.

we love him.

We have a pug, he’s called shrek.
He is fucking batshit crazy, goes fucking mental when we leave the house, goes fucking mental when there’s a knock on the door, fucking barks like fuck at the birds in the garden, barks at the telly, stubborn as fuck when it’s walk time, fucker sleeps on my side of the bed & he’s a greedy little shit.

we love him.
Bet the neighbours don't.

My bulldog, Bert, was a joy. He passed a year ago but my god, every time I think of him I smile. Do not get one as your first dog!

He was 25kg of solid muscle, built like Spike in Tom and Jerry, but frightened of everything: paper bags, coats on chairs, bunting and plastic bags being a few of many, many examples. He hated walking, despised it, unless he liked where you took him. Normally, that would include a drive and an open boot to show him that there were only open fields before him with no 'dangers' that may be an obstacle to his incessant rolling in the grass. He snored powerfully, farted loudly and then looked shocked when he looked at his arse. He liked massage, pedicures, cuddles, cheese and music. He liked sitting between my speakers. He liked a slender leg for an occasional hump and he liked my grandma because she didn't move much and would bathe his ears with words of love. Bulldogs are known for a lack of intelligence and it is true, they are built for brawn, not brains. I saw recently that a Border Collie takes approximately 5 repetitions of a command before they can enact it. Meanwhile, a Bulldog takes between 85 and 100 repetitions to understand and enact the same command.

Bert was unlike any dog I have ever owned. They are a unique breed and a comical joy for the right owner. As a first dog, no chance.

I was pushing for a Vizsla but the wife thinks they look a bit sad/expressionless despite a reputation for being an affectionate family dog - quick search online and it's true, most photos of them do not look very playful

Of course, I am a former Dobie owner and I loved their disposition which never looked very goofy

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.