What positions need strengthening in the Summer?

Marvin

Not a transfer speculation thread but a question about what positions need strengthening in the Summer.

In January I thought we were right numbers wise, but when it came to the crunch after the Europa Group stage we found that we were unable to rely on squad players....only our best 11 were competitive and the result was burnout and a European KO.

I think there is a lot more to come from Boateng, Dzeko and Balotelli, and players like Onouha and Weiss may come back better players so I think only 3-4 players will be required:

A back-up keeper if Given moves
A left-back
A creative midfielder
A wide man to provide service for Dzeko

Ideally players like Weiss, Helan, Nimley, Assulin will come through as they know everything about City

As we're absolutely loaded we need to do the following,

1) Make a Yaya/Silva half breed.
2) Clone Kompany.
3) Clone Zabaletta, preferably twice. Try and extract his attitude and transplant it into everyone.
4) Make a Tevez who isn't home sick and wants to stay.
5) Get some fast wide people in for more options of formation and attack.

I think we'd be sorted.

I think we need full back of some repute and another striker.

Possibly a centre half too.

Cahill for the CB
Baines
Drogba

Jasondh said:
I think we need full back of some repute and another striker.

Possibly a centre half too.

Cahill for the CB
Baines
Drogba
Disagree about centre-back. Arguably Kompany has been player of the year. Lescott has been superb and we have Boateng, Kolo and Micah Richards. I like Cahill, but centre-back is probably the position where we are strongest so I think it would be a waste of resources to spend there.

Left back is the stand out position for me. And maybe a midfielder who can get forward from midfield. yaya Toure has done that at times, but when the games were coming thick and fast he didn't seem to have the energy to do that

Another winger to come in to add competition for Johnson, SWP isn't good enough anymore, Milner hasn't been great but he has the potential is still good for rotation.

A centre back might be necessary depending on Kolo's ban. Let's not forget Boateng also considers himself a centre back and there is Boyata, who I hope continues to develop next season. We also have Reece Wabara and Ben Mee, but whether they are Premiership quality I'm not sure.

Maybe a left back, but I'd want to give Kolarov another season because I was quite excited when we signed him, and he's come from a foreign league and has not been able to have long runs in the side due to injuries.

Also possibly another centre midfielder, not convinced about how much longer Barry will be in the team for, and also we need another attack minded central midfielder we can use alongside Yaya.

Hope we invest in some young talent though. Henderson, Phil Jones, Chamberlain, etc.

RandomJ said:
ctidcarl said:
Beat me to it

Better fans is what we need.

Why do people think football is different to any other walk of life??

In your profession, do you not question your managers decisions?? Do you not think a different manager could do a better job than the one you have?? (Obviously doesn't apply to self employed people!!)

I just feel - only my opinion, doesn't make me right, but doesn't make me wrong - that Mancini has, arguably, the best job in football......

... if he fails, its because of his predecessor, if he achieves, its down to him.

Mancini has a wealth at his disposal that most managers would envy, I think if Mancini cannot provide a minimum of 4th and a cup or two (with the disposal he has) then it isn't good.

Don't get me wrong, I'm slowly warming to the guy, BUT if we could get Mourinho, then I think we would be foolish not to.

Because Mourinho has proved that he can deliver in the English game

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.