What punishment should Liverpool get from UEFA

I think they should be docked 3 goals and City given a away goal for compensation.

The thing with UEFA it’s the punishment is always minor. For me it should be a 2 millions pound fine with closure of the ground for 1 home game suspended! That type of future punishment if they do the same again will get the clubs act together and the brain dead fans might think twice about bricking a club bus.

What they deserve is to play all their home ties in the group stage next season in an empty ground and the threat of expulsion from the competition if they repeat the behaviour in the next 2/3 years. What they'll get is a pitiful fine and some equally pointless talking to about not doing it again

I think (or hope at least) that a huge part the reason UEFA are not having the hearing until late May is that they expect a police investigation to be completed first.

If individuals can be identified then it takes some of the heat off their club, and a fine and warning over future behaviour is likely, possibly a game behind closed doors depending on what emerges in the meantime.

Although it is quite a few individuals to identify, judging from the videos I have seen, and although individuals caused the actual damage and broke the rules, I am not sure that enough was done beforehand to safety ensure a UEFA event went off without a hitch. And UEFA will not like that one bit. At the end of the day only a bus was damaged plus get police officers, but the intent and potential was certainly there for more to have happened. It wasn't just a few drunken louts, it was a crowd over hundred string whipped up into a frenzy, possibly not even match goers, and a weakness in planning which increased the likelihood of damage and injury occurring.

But that point could be interesting, depending on what the initial responses and finding are. If city as a club aren't happy we could take this much further.

The role of Liverpool FC and Merseyside police in publishing the route and actively encouraging a turn out, when evidence was available quite easily to suggest what kind of a reception was being prepared, suggests either naieivey or incompetence, or even more extremely you could argue encouragement to cause damage and break the rules/law in search of any advantage in the tie for the home club.

As city fans we honestly don't need to give a crap about this. Our focus is on tomorrow then Tuesday, the worst punishment they could have is to lose a 3 goal advantage only to find both Yankee candle and wax lyrical have closed down in Liverpool city centre.

People in Europe remember well the fear and damage English teams coming to town threatened in past decades, and these lot were paramount in that. Anyone thinking total ban or expulsion is a long way off, but these actions have no doubt reminded many in Europe of the potential aggression levels which can be reached in the name of passion from English fans in their competitions, more so some than others.

So all in all, I expect a fine, possibly a match behind closed doors, and a warning that a repeat could mean expulsion. I'd also hope for an admission from Liverpool FC and merseryside police that they got it very wrong.

The only way it would be 'right' though in my eyes is if we smash them next week. So fire up the lads Pep, and a week from now they'll be fighting amongst themselves about how it went wrong whilst wondering how many people at UEFA remember the 80s.

Here is another punishment make the Liverpool team arrive in the opposition bus next time city come to town

After what happened last year with Dortmund I think and UEFA did diddly squat nothing (serious that is) will happen to Liverpool, the mere fact of when the charge will be looked at tells you so
This has gone on for years n years Turkish sides " Welcome to Hell " receptions to Rags for eg .
One day a club will get chucked out ,but you can bet your grannies tea set on it that it wont be one of the big clubs,Small Club,can't afford to fight the charge/punishment,easy target

None.

The lad who cracked the window should get done for criminal damage and the lads who injured the Police Officers should get done for ABH.

Other than that I don’t think anything they did was wrong or bad.

What!

The twats invited their scummy fans to do it on the club website

Given their his5ory with Heysel I think they should be banned from next season’s competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.