What team should we play in the next 3 away games?

Perks of having a great squad.

EPL
25-09-21
Chelsea
vs
Manchester City

UCL
28-09-21
Paris Saint-Germain
vs
Manchester City

EPL
03-10-21
Liverpool
vs
Manchester City

Probably playing 3 of the 5 best teams in the world (other two being us and Bayern) in the space of 8 days, all away from home. What team sheet you picking for each one? and who do you think will be the toughest opponent?
All depends on what Pep sees as strengths and tactics in the other three teams after watching videos on them, and where Pep sees we can exploit weaknesses in their sides.

There can be many intricate things we don’t see as fans that Pep does as part of his tactics that explains why he’s picked a certain player or couple of players in certain positions.

There could be a space on the pitch because of Paris’ tactics that means we play with an inverted right back coming into midfield which means we surprisingly drop Walker for Cancelo, or we play Walker because he is excellent at defending Mbappe. There could be an over used forward run by the right back at Chelsea that means it would suit Foden to be on the left and leave Grealish on the bench. There could be a reason to play a False 9 against Paris but then have Torres playing as a striker in the other two games… who knows?

I probably don’t watch anywhere near enough of the three teams we’re about to face to tell you what our line-ups should be.

an incredible test for Pep. We deffo should prioritize the PL games and not PSG away but knowing Pep we will not do that.

Tuchel, Pochettino, Klopp will test us much more than Hasenhuttl.

Tuchel had 3 games vs Pep, 1 game at Etihad , 1 at Wembley in FA cup, and 1 CL final and he won all 3 outfoxing Pep.
If it happens 4 times in a row thats a grim view for Pep, and this is the first that will be front of a full Chelsea crowd away from home so this in some way the hardest one.

First of all he has to match Chelsea's width, I think only way to do that is going 5 at the back which we cannot do if Stones/Laporte are half fit only or not fit at all.
Minimum we need to get from this game is a draw.

Chelsea will put their strongest 11 for this, we have to do same regardless that we have PSG 3 days after.

PSG away we need a much more of a defensive side imo set up for counters, pragmatic tactics, hoping for a draw or snatching a win.
get the players in that can and do track back the most upfront. (Jesus, Foden for sure)
a draw would be a great result here, we do not have to win, we just have to beat Brugge 2x, Leipzig 1x and not to lose to PSG at home or away and we are 1st.

Liverpool away I think this is a Sunday after we play PSG on Tuesday, so few days to relax, also they have Porto away which was a tough shit game for us last year in group stage, very physical/aggro side...
here we need the best passers, they will press us like hell, especially after seeing our struggle vs Soton, even Rodri will struggle imo, so Pep needs to be clever we cannot just stick Gundo next to Rodri or it will be similar midfield than vs Soton game.

Pep must be furious not having a top striker again because he has to move players around upfront who dont really fit what they have to play or they just not as good. for example Sterling's best position for us is playing from the right but that is with Jesus/Mahrez 99% of the time. Grealish and Foden is best from the left, so Sterling will rarely play there but even Foden has to play deeper role if we stick with Grealish from left.
Leaves us with Torres and Sterling to play centrally, and to me they are not good enough there to provide dominant "striker" performances.

We are also missing a great CM, only CM we have is Gundo, but I dont think he has the legs, workrate, defensive skills needed there, I always liked gundo closer to the box kind of like an AM, arriving to the box and that role worked out really well. but the deeper he is the more problems he can cause defensively albeit this is more of an issue against teams that do not sit back and park the bus which is probably less than 20% of opponents.

huge test for Pep this next period, currently I cannot see us winning all three hard games, but we are surely better than losing all three .lose the two PL games we would be 9-9 points behind Chelsea and Pool both after 7 rounds, thats incredibly shit for a start. Probably also 9 behind United too.
" We are surely better than losing all three " That's the truth of it and he needs to instill that into them. I am hopeful of a narrow victory in at least one of them.

Write the PSG game off and focus on Chesea and Liverpool. Losing away at PSG will not determine qualification, and we could easily lose there with a full strength side, but two defeats at Anfield and Stamford Bridge could prove problematic in defending the title.
I completely agree with this point of view. The league games should be our priority, it will be tough enough to win them as it is. We are lucky that PSG drew their first game, we should be capable of beating Leipzig and Brugge home and away, having said that we should have been capable of beating Southampton but we didn't. I'd probably feel happy if we managed to two draws in the league games to be honest, for some reason just can't see us winning.

If all fit..

___________Ederson____________

Walker___Stones__Dias___Cancelo

________Silva_____Rodri________

Foden_____gundogan_____Grealish

_____________Kdb_____________

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.