What to do at the weekend when there is no footy?

6 weeks to go - Enjoyed today - Gardening and chilling and Toy Story,

Walked about 7 miles with the dog.
Hour in the gym

Been on sofa since 2 watching homeland

It’s bliss!

I enjoy the off season as much as the season. Don’t miss the footy at all in the first few months, don’t go out on daft all-dayers/nighters, get a much needed money break from having spend £2k on tickets through the season, get a break from my mates for a few months, get to spend some good time alone, get in the gym or go out to nice places that aren’t a bar stool or the Etihad for a change, and get to watch some decent rugby league (Queensland v New South Wales, State Of Origin, tomorrow morning, 10am on Sky Sports Arena - not to be missed!)

My liver and bank health is much better.

Then when pre-season training starts I start to get excited. I don’t watch any of the pre-season training games, mind. They’re fucking shite.

Back with a bang on Community Shield day, but I hope it’s a very long hot relaxing footy-stress-free Summer before that rolls around.

The off-season is as big a part of my life as the season is. I couldn’t do either all year round. If the season was 12 months i think I’d end up with a stress related illness and in serious financial trouble; but if there was no footy that bliss would turn to boredom.

It’s the perfect combo.

Last edited by a moderator:
When do City begin pre-season training, by the way?

It’s bliss!

I enjoy the off season as much as the season. Don’t miss the footy at all in the first few months, don’t go out on daft all-dayers/nighters, get a much needed money break from having spend £2k on tickets through the season, get a break from my mates for a few months, get to spend some good time alone and get in the gym or go out to nice places that aren’t a bar stool or the Etihad for a change.

My liver and bank health is much better.

Then when pre-season training starts I start to get excited. I don’t watch any of the pre-season training games, mind. They’re fucking shite.

Back with a bang on Community Shield day, but I hope it’s a very long hot relaxing footy-stress-free Summer before that rolls around.

The off-season is as big a part of my life as the season is. I couldn’t do either all year round. If the season was 12 months i think I’d end up with a stress related illness and in serious financial trouble; but if there was no footy that bliss would turn to boredom.

It’s the perfect combo.
I love pre-season,as soon as i see that blue shirt i'm in,watch them all

I love pre-season,as soon as i see that blue shirt i'm in,watch them all
I worry too much about injuries, especially when they do stupid tours to the US or China and play on what is essentially a cow field when they play on those baseball pitches or on pitches that just cut up for fun.

Plus the overreaction on here with the inevitable horrendous pre-season performances where everyone thinks we’ll be lucky to finish mid-table or where everyone gets overexcited about Luke Bolton, Iheanacho and Scott Sinclair and tout them for the Ballon d’Or. :)

The games are literally about earning money from the tour. They just hinder what a real pre-season should be about... FITNESS AND TACTICS!

One year Pep had full control of Bayern’s pre-season and they played two tournaments in Germany and had two training camps, one in the Swiss Alps and one in the Med. Hardly any travelling, all games were played locally.

Just shows you what should really happen instead of these ridiculous world tours... I hate them!

I worry too much about injuries, especially when they do stupid tours to the US or China and play on what is essentially a cow field when they play on those baseball pitches or on pitches that just cut up for fun.

Plus the overreaction on here with the inevitable horrendous pre-season performances where everyone thinks we’ll be lucky to finish mid-table or where everyone gets overexcited about Luke Bolton, Iheanacho and Scott Sinclair and tout them for the Ballon d’Or. :)

The games are literally about earning money from the tour. They just hinder what a real pre-season should be about... FITNESS AND TACTICS!

One year Pep had full control of Bayern’s pre-season and they played two tournaments in Germany and had two training camps, one in the Swiss Alps and one in the Med. Hardly any travelling, all games were played locally.

Just shows you what should really happen instead of these ridiculous world tours... I hate them!
I agree about the travelling,i don't like that,i'd rather have a couple of games nearby for the last 2 games but i guess when you at the top you have to do the touring stuff

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.