What to do - proceed or not?

BigJoe#1

Any car salesmen here? Your views would be valued.

To cut a long story short. After much looking around I decided to purchase a new Nissan Qashqai. We agreed a price and a model but they never sent the order to me straight away but I did pay £500 deposit. Later decided to ask if a Camera could be added and a permashine applied. They agreed to this and resent the order with variations added. It was at this time they'd also added a SMART protection agreement for £750.00, this covers minor bumps to the car body and the Alloy wheels. There were so many exclusions and limitations it seemed a not value for money product, so I sent an email saying will you take it off I don't wand those products as they do not represent value for money.

They came back and tried to convince me it was great value and.... that is was part of the discount on the car. In other words the £750 you would have paid for that will removed from your discount... ergo I will pay the same but not get the SMART protection insurance whilst paying the same price. To me this was just a rip off to sell a product I think it stinks, but I said I'd get back to them in the morning.

Trouble is my trust in them has totally gone now and I, without any reason or evidence, don't believe they will do a good job on the preparation of my car.... really taken the shine off buying a new car. I know I stand lose the £500 deposit but I will fight them for that.... the Question I have is should I proceed? Would you proceed?

The salesman did transfer me to the Business Manager who said "NO" the £750 was not linked and could and would be removed from the order and the price would be reduced accordingly - So I also feel I was lied to and deliberately misled and I don't intend starting now.

I have never ever brought this kind of aftercare insurance before, which is sold everywhere and over my lifetime I have probably saved thousands of pounds.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

TIA

Last edited:
The business manager confirmed the £750 is not linked to your contract and will be taken off, so what is the reason for not wishing to proceed? All car dealerships try to upsell paint protection, upholstery protection, tyre cover, gap insurance etc etc and non are obligitory

What does the car dealerships terms and conditions state on the refunding of deposits?

The business manager confirmed the £750 is not linked to your contract and will be taken off, so what is the reason for not wishing to proceed? All car dealerships try to upsell paint protection, upholstery protection, tyre cover, gap insurance etc etc and non are obligitory

What does the car dealerships terms and conditions state on the refunding of deposits?
TGB It is all down to lack of trust and suspicion on my part - all unevidenced, plus IMO there is a gap between an untruth and lying - trouble is the salesman was okay so don't really want to get him into trouble.... but he did lie to me and that is something I really detest with a passion.

Daft I know, but its a fair wedge I'm going to part with.

If you want to cancel a service you’ve arranged online, over the phone or by mail-order, you get a 14-day cooling-off period. During the 14 days, you can cancel for any reason and get your money back.
Any car salesmen here? Your views would be valued.

To cut a long story short. After much looking around I decided to purchase a new Nissan Qashqai. We agreed a price and a model but they never sent the order to me straight away but I did pay £500 deposit. Later decided to ask if a Camera could be added and a permashine applied. They agreed to this and resent the order with variations added. It was at this time they'd also added a SMART protection agreement for £750.00, this covers minor bumps to the car body and the Alloy wheels. There were so many exclusions and limitations it seemed a not value for money product, so I sent an email saying will you take it off I don't wand those products as they do not represent value for money.

They came back and tried to convince me it was great value and.... that is was part of the discount on the car. In other words the £750 you would have paid for that will removed from your discount... ergo I will pay the same but not get the SMART protection insurance whilst paying the same price. To me this was just a rip off to sell a product I think it stinks, but I said I'd get back to them in the morning.

Trouble is my trust in them has totally gone now and I, without any reason or evidence, don't believe they will do a good job on the preparation of my car.... really taken the shine off buying a new car. I know I stand lose the £500 deposit but I will fight them for that.... the Question I have is should I proceed? Would you proceed?

The salesman did transfer me to the Business Manager who said "NO" the £750 was not linked and could and would be removed from the order and the price would be reduced accordingly - So I also feel I was lied to and deliberately misled and I don't intend starting now.

I have never ever brought this kind of aftercare insurance before, which is sold everywhere and over my lifetime I have probably saved thousands of pounds.

Thoughts would be appreciated.

TIA

TGB It is all down to lack of trust and suspicion on my part - all unevidenced, plus IMO there is a gap between an untruth and lying - trouble is the salesman was okay so don't really want to get him into trouble.... but he did lie to me and that is something I really detest with a passion.
An oxymoron if ever I heard one. As Mr Tapia said, you've got 14 days to cancel if purchased at distance.

Daft I know, but its a fair wedge I'm going to part with.
It's not daft at all. I would demand my money back and buy drom someone else (providing they gave me back my deposit).
I they refused to give back the deposit I would go through with the sale and tell them straight up that they won't be getting anymore money out of me and I will get all future service work done elsewhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.